Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Online File Browser?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 22:10
Well, I've had this idea for a while, and decided to start working on it today... However I would like to know wether people would ACTUALLY be interested in this, considering the sites such as FPS-Files and FPSCFree and such this would most likely be useless.

My idea was to create a browser for Multiple categories of Media(e.g. Textures, Models, FPSC Ready Models) and let people upload/download them at will from a simple program on their desktop. Unlike Gunn3r's version that would require a Database update mine would be handled by a server application, which ensures you will ALWAYS get every addition to it at any given moment.

Offcourse this is quite a bit of work, hence the fact I haven't continued after the basics of the login screen, and the start of the main screen...

I'll put up two pictures for your viewing fetish(In case you have one that is, otherwise you can just ignore these pictures).
Login Screen(Finished):

Main Screen(Unfinished, will be used to display search results and information)

Right, now back to the subject at hand. Would people be interested in this? And if so, what categories should be available?

Note that I intend to keep this program FREE at all costs, I really don't see a point in letting people pay to get free media.

It's not the world that turns against you, it's you that turns against the world.
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 22:52
Im sorry,it looks nice and all but Gunner made an application that is totaly the same,searches for all media on the forums and familiar websites.

[href]http://sites.google.com/site/chargedstudios/home[href]
"Im British you muppet!"-Psycho
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 22:56
Looks good, I would use it

knxrb

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 22:58 Edited at: 17th Aug 2009 22:58
Quote: "Im sorry,it looks nice and all but Gunner made an application that is totaly the same,searches for all media on the forums and familiar websites.
"

Actually as far as I know his uses a LOCAL database that requires a new download for every item that's added. Unless he changed that a while ago

Mine would use an online stored Database, allowing direct changes without any downloads, just a new search query.

It's not the world that turns against you, it's you that turns against the world.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Quote: "Im sorry,it looks nice and all but Gunner made an application that is totaly the same,searches for all media on the forums and familiar websites.
"
Actually as far as I know his uses a LOCAL database that requires a new download for every item that's added. Unless he changed that a while ago

Mine would use an online stored Database, allowing direct changes without any downloads, just a new search query."

Yeah he changed it.

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 23:00
Its a great idea so it would be a shame to go to waste,instead for media do it for games,so you can search new games and updates for them

[href]http://sites.google.com/site/chargedstudios/home[href]
"Im British you muppet!"-Psycho
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 23:06
Unfortunantly games would take up more webspace then I have available, since FPSC games tend to be over 300MB without being too complex.

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 02:45
I did change it, unfortunately. It'll be released in DCB v2.0. Great job on this one, though. It looks great!

And I could add games to mine, as I have unlimited space (GameXS, anyone?)

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 09:46
Shame, think I'll just finish mine for the heck of it though I still have some theories to test wether they would work or not.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 23:19:48
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 23:19:48