Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Hydra screens and a download

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 00:05
Hi,

Here's a demo of my new game which I've made in DBPro over the last fortnight. Its basically an extension of the miniflight demo I posted in the 20line section - but MUCH expanded. The 2 player and 1 player versus computer split screen modes are working. The computer is a little dim at the moment but I'll improve that over time. I'm still working on the 1 player campaign game which will be mission based...

http://www.eclipsedevelopment.co.uk/hydra.zip
Controls are:
Player 1:
Mouse - turn left and right
Mouse button 1 - thrust
Mouse button 2 - fire
Both buttons - Afterburner
Keyboard 1,2,3 and 4 - choose weapon

Player 2:
Arrow keys - turn left/right and thrust
Return - Fire
Space - Thrust
6,7,8 and 9 - Choose weapon

I'd really appreciate any feedback anyone can give and framerates etc..

Cheers
GCEclipse
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 00:06
Oops sorry posted same screen twice: Heres the other one:

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 05:48
ohhh... wow...
erm one question thou - what is it exactly?

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 09:02
47 fps Piii933 tnt2m64 win 98 se

interesting game Glen, it was a little hard to know if i hit the enemy.

interesting tho.

indi is part of Team Lunarpixel
multimedia logisitics and interactive media
GCEclipse
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 11:09
Cheers Guys,

Raven: Its a kind of future underwater battle game really. My idea is that the devastation of some future war has left the surface pretty much uninhabitable and mankind has taken to living in giant domed cities under the sea - in any case old conflicts die hard and pretty soon all these cities are finding themselves with the need to defend themselves. Your city has the HRX-3 "Hydra" attack submersible which it uses for self defence and attack raids on other domed cities.

Indi: Do you think perhaps there should be some kind of readout about the enemies statistics that returns whether you've hit them? What should happen is that their shield should highlight but obviously this isn't as clearly visible as I hoped.

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 12:34
wav files of hull breach reports in ascending order would be wicked

muffled water explosions and sonar ping

heads up display isdefinately a cool idea since underwater requires a navigation system, look out for that whale!
anyway as I was saying yes add a hud with readout
u can active a system with a switch or it can be damaged and switched off peraps life support being the most critical

indi is part of Team Lunarpixel
multimedia logisitics and interactive media
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 22:52
yeah GCEclipse iv'e been meaning to ask you, what's up with that game you guys are making called succession: the betrayal, the screen shots were hottt!.
GCEclipse
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2002 14:12
Thanx hexgear - yeh I'm still working on Succession: The Betrayal - what I'm doing now is making a character editor proggy that lets you combine X models and use them as arms/legs/head/whatever and animate them for it - but I've encountered problems with certain limb commands in DBPro and am waiting for a patch for DBPro which fixes it. In the meantime I'm making levels and stuff for it. There is a newer demo for STB which is fully converted to DBPro code - the URL is: http://www.eclipsedevelopment.co.uk/stech34.zip

Cheers

denki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2002 23:27
That Succsession demo is amazing, excellent work.
Is it BSP?

denki
Kousen DPB RPG latest - Working on editors!
denki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2002 09:13
.X Files, wow, the collision is great!

denki
Kousen DPB RPG latest - Working on editors!
GCEclipse
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2002 12:11
Denki: Yes X files - they were made in Cartography shop and I used the collision data exported from CShop itself. The only trouble with the collision exported from CShop is that it cannot handle any other shapes than boxes so for some reason it can't do slopes. I might produce an exporter for CShop that does do this as I've already decoded the CSM format.

Thanks for your comments on Succession. I myself have really good feelings about where its going - but its good to see that a few people agree with me.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 02:28:51
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 02:28:51