Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Im a Flight Simulator Junkie that got interested in FPS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 19:11
To add to my virtual world I was wondering if you could do a flight sim like, 'slew' through the virtual world that is created by using a joystick. Kind of like a helicopter moder and/or if you could drive a vehicle through this world.

Flying Joe
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 19:26 Edited at: 18th Aug 2009 19:27
Welcome to the forums!

Well I am not aware of flying in FPSC but a vehicle can be achieved through plysmod scripting. Search around the forums using the search bar and im sure you'll find a vehicle script somewhere.

I also encourage you to familiarize yourself with all these new mods that are popping up. One may have some features that you'll love to use. Some of them are even FREE! There is also many free models/media and scripts around these boards. Plenty of guides to get you started as well. I'm sure you'll enjoy FPSC even if you cant fly.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Possible. Much Much Possible.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 20:29
Possible, but not with FPSC as it is out of the box.

It's not the world that turns against you, it's you that turns against the world.
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Possible, With fpsc. Only grid size problem. Bu with little trckiys you can have it. I once made one big terrain and one plain in project blue. you could fly and then trigger at the start , but all smooth so it looks like you are flying forever. So yes possible with fpsc.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 20:41
Quote: "Possible, With fpsc. Only grid size problem. Bu with little trckiys you can have it. I once made one big terrain and one plain in project blue. you could fly and then trigger at the start , but all smooth so it looks like you are flying forever. So yes possible with fpsc. "

If you read my post I said it IS possible, but not with FPSC as it comes when you install it Unless you want a really hacky/crappy system that is.

It's not the world that turns against you, it's you that turns against the world.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 18th Aug 2009 21:35
flyingjoe,

Welcome to the forum. I'm a Flight Sim fan too... love to fly the Bell chopper low and slow, just to check out the scenery.

Brian.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 01:59 Edited at: 19th Aug 2009 02:12
Quote: "If you read my post I said it IS possible, but not with FPSC as it comes when you install it Unless you want a really hacky/crappy system that is."

I think that depends on the user more than the engine.
Yes , it has limitations but vehicles and flight is possible with stock.
You would get better results though with a modded version, which means knowing how to code in DarkBasic Professional (DBP or DBPro).

Your best bet for custom simulators would be to get the Dark Game Studio Bonanza.

I would still get FPSC too, and play with that also. (for that you want the FPS Creator Bonanza)
It is great for lots of non-coding stuff, and then once you learn DBP you can modify it to do pretty much whatever you want depending on your efforts.

If you take advantage of those Bonanza offers now (limited time and really great deal) then you will have a game making arsenal for cheap.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 23:15:24
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 23:15:24