Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / TGC store off course?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 12:18
If I remember correctly, the original main plan of the TGC store was to allow users to get separate items from model packs, but it seems lots of the makers have stopped doing that. Only TGC are regularly upgrading their stores with new packs, and they're only doing MP3 and Arteria's stuff.

So far we DON'T HAVE:

Model Pack 8 - Ross
Model Pack 9 - EAI
Model Pack 10 - EAI
Model Pack 21 - Fletcher
Model Pack 22 - Bond1 (18+ - pah, like that's ever stopped anybody)
Model Pack 24 - X-Games (Only some items are in X-Games section)
Model Pack 26 - Ross
Model Pack 27 - Arteria
Model Pack 28 - Fletcher
Model Pack 29-33 - Arteria

Now one of the other reasons of the store was to sell users' media, but the main thing people were over the moon about was the ability to buy separate items from packs they didn't want everything from. So far, with the stampede of packs we've had, this idea seems to be getting redundant to everyone except TGC, who have nothing better to do.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 12:42
Model Pack 22 was uploaded, but rejected because they didn't want age limited material in the store. Other then that I don't know.

It's not the world that turns against you, it's you that turns against the world.
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 14:32
I bet that TGC leaves that to each artist, its still Fletcher's models in mp28. If TGC uploads them he wont earn a thing. So basicly its up to each artist if the want to pu up every single model into the store ( a lot of work).

But I see your point.

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 15:37 Edited at: 20th Aug 2009 15:56
Yeah it's up to the artist, TGC can't make them do anything. MP22 was rejected because of it's 18+ content, and in fact is currently under review by the ESRB, I had to take the Youtube videos down. So I have no idea where that will go.

I've uploaded ALL of my model packs to the store(which was an ENORMOUS amount of work), except MP22.

But the fact of the matter is, it's hard for creators of quality models to recoup their time costs selling in the store alone, where users cherry pick what they want. Selling them as a model pack, you will eventually earn a profit if the pack is quality and popular.

Fletcher and others might just be waiting until they've earned back their initial time investment before uploading them to the store, as this would kill their model pack sales.

----------------------------------------
"bond1 - You see this name, you think dirty."
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 15:57
bond1: are you paying for the ESRB review of MP22 out of your own pocket? I have heard it can be quite expensive.

I'm not demanding an answer but I am curious about it

Running my latest game superbly on FPSC and Project Blue Mod.
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "are you paying for the ESRB review of MP22 out of your own pocket? I have heard it can be quite expensive."

It's expensive from what I hear, I guess ESRB has been on a rampage and are demanding that they rate 17+ stuff. TGC said they would take care of it, but I don't know the specifics yet.

----------------------------------------
"bond1 - You see this name, you think dirty."
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 16:05
Ahaha dont worry bond as long as its rated okay and nothing comes out of your pocket you should be happy

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 23:16:39
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 23:16:39