Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Distributing a game made with DarkPhysics

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 17:34
What files do i have to include so others can play my game ( the .exe ) made with DarkPhysics and DarkGDK?
Or does everyone who wants to play my game have to download the NVIDIA PhysX drivers?

They say it's better to burn out, than it is to fade away...
Duke E
Years of Service
User Offline
The game .exe file itself and media, and the user has to install the Physx drivers, now called: "NVIDIA PhysX System Software" (Google).

Installed it on systems without hardware acceleration capable NVidia and ATI gfx cards. So if one don't use acceleration dependent (fluids) physics it works for most semi modern systems.

Regards
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 12:53
With DarkGDK, sadly, I believe you need to include the 4 DLL's that you get when you install DarkPhysics for DarkGDK. I might be wrong, but I think you need to distribute these 4 DLL's with your game.

Duke E
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah DarkGDK, my apologies i should read the question better.
_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 02:02
ok, so i have to include these 4 dlls, too. heard about that before...
but i think its not good that one has to download those drivers.
they are about ~40 mb, so you either have to include this or tell the user to download them before they can play the game!

They say it's better to burn out, than it is to fade away...
Duke E
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, either an installation program that checks that the system software package is present and install if not, or just have it as a written prerequisite depending on the users computer savvy to install them manually. They are installed with the normal Nvidia gfx drivers though (after a certain version, i don't remember). So if the end user has fairly new Nvidia gfx drivers they should be ok. ATI users have to install the System software.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 05:07:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 05:07:54