Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello I have just started working with Dark AI and I am trying to get it into FPSC. I am using the "ai add obstacle from level" command to create obstacles, but it does not seem to be working right because it is creating obstacles in random spots (instead of along walls and object picture attached) and it only works with the lowest layer.

Heres how i'm using the command

yes i do have the "ai complete obstacles" command in my source.

Picture attached of random placed lines

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 18:36 Edited at: 21st Aug 2009 18:38
OK after looking around in the level I found out that there is obstacle bounds where there are no walls on the last layer (outside of the building i made). Picture attached, this is a picture if me on the roof of the building i was in in the previous picture. (there are more buildings in above layers).

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2009 18:10
Hmmm, well.

The position of the bounding boxes is not directly linked to the container.

when you draw the object bounds you specify the height you want them at. So if you specified the right height for each container in the showbounds command they would appear on the correct layer.

There are a number of things that could be going wrong.

Intially I'd try lowering the min distances in the add object from level command. 10 is pretty large.

secondly you need to consider that at the moment you are adding everything on layer 1 to the AI collision engine as a full sized object. Even a crate that is only half a segment high is going to be considered the height of a wall. This is going to make the AI terrible, as the enemy won't see the player if the player is standing behind a waist high object.

you need to do 2 detections for each segment layer. do one detection at 10 (like you're doing now. Anything that is cut here is added as a HALF HEIGHT OBJECT. then, run another check, this time at a height of 60, and anything detected here is added as a FULL HEIGHT OBJECT. this way when you come to write your AI you will actually be able to make enemies find cover.

I want robotic legs.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "when you draw the object bounds you specify the height you want them at. So if you specified the right height for each container in the showbounds command they would appear on the correct layer."

This is not the problem I have it programed to show on the layer the player is on.

Quote: "Intially I'd try lowering the min distances in the add object from level command. 10 is pretty large"

What should I lower it to?

Quote: "secondly you need to consider that at the moment you are adding everything on layer 1 to the AI collision engine as a full sized object. Even a crate that is only half a segment high is going to be considered the height of a wall. This is going to make the AI terrible, as the enemy won't see the player if the player is standing behind a waist high object."

Was going to do that after I got the basic level bounds done.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 19:12:35
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 19:12:35