Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / problem with collision (i am using sparky)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 20:22
I an trying to make my own first person shooter but I am still a beginner. The problem is that when the two objects (player nr.10 and object nr.5)collision the player will stop but when I keep pressing my arrow keeps the player move through the object. It detects the collision to soon. And I tried it to place SC_SetupObject to boxes but then i saw with SC_DrawObjectBounds that the bounds weren't rescaled but I am using SC_AllowObjectScaling.

heyufool1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2009 23:27
I found it's best to setup the object, then allow object scaling, then scale the object. Also try checking out my First Person movement class:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=156481&b=22

Games are like life, they should never stand still.
1beginner1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2009 11:31
fixed the problem of DrawObjectBounds I was forgot to place SC_UpdateObject(id); in my code because I was thinking it was only neccesary when it was animated. And I placed SC_SetupObject and SC_AllowObjectScaling before dbScaleObject(); like heyufool1 said. But collision isn't working great its detects the collision but there are still bugs and i checked out your first person movement class but didn't really understand it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 12:39:54
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 12:39:54