Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Multisync question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 03:07
I have successfully got an online connection from multisync and another pc, but now im faced with the problem of the two programs communitcating , as in updating each others coordinates.

Right now i can see that its sending data but once it starts sending data[the client[ it no longer is playable and get EXTREMELY laggy(to the point of the camera doest update to the objects position and the object itself doesn't seem to move.

only server

only Client

both server and client
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 03:42
Try not to send data as often as every frame (limit it with a timer or something), and also make sure you are actually reading as many messages as you can each frame (otherwise a slower client will get a build-up of messages).

Also, I don't see a NetGetMessage call in the DS_GetCoord function. Unless you call it somewhere else before this call?
SFCBias
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 04:01
i have it called like this

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 12:28:11
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 12:28:11