Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Trouble with .3ds files

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am having trouble displaying .3ds objects, much less any 3D object that I've made. The .3ds file shows just fine, BUT THERE'S NO TEXTURES! I am amking my models in Anim8or.

Can anybody shed some light on my problem?

Join the dark side. We have cookies!
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2009 01:00
It probably means that the model's texture information isnt being included in the model file-or that its being included with an actual path for its textures so the model cant find it.

You can either load the texture manually and call dbTextureObject, and then setup the UV manually if it hasnt been(which can be painful) or you can load your exported model into another software package, something like "Ultimate Unwrap" to give it UV coords and texture info..

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
Manga Tiger Boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks like I'll have to do this manually... I'll have no trouble making the textures, and this method will probably allow for more options than I would get before, like the ability to change the go-kart color/style in-game (Just gave away part of my game there ). Call me crazy, but I like a good programming challenge.

Manga Tiger Boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Ermm... Is there a free software package out there that does rhe same stuff as Ultimate Unwrap? Or at least with the same general concept?

Manga Tiger Boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, I have an "unwrapped" bitmap image of a UV texture: How can I apply this texture in a way that it will appear correctly?
Right now it just looks like this:
LAME! How can I do this right?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 12:32:07
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 12:32:07