Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / can a level restart without having to load all over again?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2009 03:00
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if a level can restart without having to load all over again?
loading static entities, segments, and light casting takes a LOT of time and they remain the same each time..
using checkpoints is useless, thought about scripting it but it'd be almost impossible cause I have different objectives in each level of my game..
so anyway to get around this?
Thank You..

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 22:46
Well, I suppose a mod could do such a thing, though I think FPSC dumps stuff from its memory when it's no longer used, thus having to load it again... If this is true it would be a lot more tricky then just resetting the original data(Resetting would just mean making a 'backup' database at the start of the level, and reset it to that when it reloads).

It's not the world that turns against you, it's you that turns against the world.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2009 00:10 Edited at: 28th Aug 2009 00:14
I'm looking into a new plug-in for DBP called Dark Data. It is an in-game database that has indexing and such. I will have to keep this in mind for my mind. Another possible useful feature for RPG.

Addendum:

Of course the learning curve for finding all the data that needs to be saved within Lee's code will be huge.

-----------------------------------------------

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 23:15:49
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 23:15:49