Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Search tutorial for bloom

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2009 20:06 Edited at: 26th Aug 2009 20:07
Hi, i should want make bloom in my mod and in a post I saw this :
Quote: "Check out for the tutorial that ply made. "

But I don't find this tutorial, can you help me please ?

Eternal suffering ...

I'm french
Asteric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2009 21:06
*sigh* BE patient and actually learn DBP first, look into Shaders.

Hell_666
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2009 21:55
But I don't find a good tutorial to learn the essantial to make a mod =(

Eternal suffering ...

I'm french
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2009 22:10
YOU DONT NEED A TUT ON MAKING MODS.

For gods sake there are already many mods that you can choose from! If you truly want to make your own than your going to have to deal with things like this. Not every source code modder had help...most of them spent hours with trial and error for even the simplest of features.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2009 22:18 Edited at: 26th Aug 2009 22:20
Quote: ""Check out for the tutorial that ply made.""

Lol. I was talking about coding fpi commands, not that ply made anything for graphical nehancement. He did alot of scripting commands, wich are very helpfull. And that is what you are looking for before i believe to learn adding simple fpi commands.

Then you can add graphical thingys like bloom. Pretty simple too if you ask me. Anyway, you could recode game engine in C++, cough i am kinda doing that, along with others cough. It speeds up and gives more possibilities. But up to yah. Just start with DBP.

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2009 23:44
Quote: "YOU DONT NEED A TUT ON MAKING MODS"

Lol, Nice.

@Hell_666

I trust that you know Dark Basic Pro if you want to make a mod ?

Join the forums and download fpsc games here:
http://fpsc-games.webs.com/
Windows Vista,ATI Readon HD 4870,AMD Athlon 7750 64 Dual Core,4GB ram,SoundBlaster Audigy,EFX Free Edition
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2009 23:46
Has to be said that way im sure he's perfectly capable of making a great mod, he just does not know it

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2009 23:49
Very well then

Join the forums and download fpsc games here:
http://fpsc-games.webs.com/
Windows Vista,ATI Readon HD 4870,AMD Athlon 7750 64 Dual Core,4GB ram,SoundBlaster Audigy,EFX Free Edition
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 00:36
Quote: "Has to be said that way"

No it definitely doesn't have to be said that way!

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 02:10
Ughhh I've been pretty stressed out with life-related things nowadays...second time this has happened on this forum. I gotta watch what i type or something else may pop up and be worded in a way i would never care for it to be.

I wouldn't be surprised if im faced with a noob slap. But dont worry i have been good on these forums thus far and i hope to continue, and i have already apologized to the two members i was rude to

crumbaker
User Banned
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 05:12
speaking of this, what mods do allow bloom other than efx.
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 05:25
I take a slight offense at the forum name 'hell666'
I dont want him slapped, just the name changed.
I dont believe we should take hell lightly.

He stood like a stone wall, not only in battle, but also for the Lord
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 06:16 Edited at: 27th Aug 2009 06:24
Quote: "I take a slight offense at the forum name 'hell666'"

How does it come, that you're offended by a simple name, following by a 3 numbers, which are supposed to be the "number of the devil"?

I don't want to turn this into a debate, or to attack your beliefs, but if you think that god exists... doesn't the devil has to exist then, too?

Would you be offended if someone calls himself "god" or "Heaven_123", because it commutes god and his creations as simple human existances?

You, probably, want your opinion to be recognized, so why can't his opinion be recognized and accepted, too?

If he'd like to be called "hell_666"... then there's no harm in that, it's just a name of a place like "Michigan", followed by some numbers.

I for one ain't offended by that and from my point of view, nobody should've been.

To stay on topic and to avoid further posts concerning this... there aren't tutorials for everything, especially when it comes to programming!

Just imagine what the forums would come to, if everybody would need a tutorial for anything... that'd be a infinite amount of tutorials, and it keeps getting more and more everyday!

Learn the basics, learn the advanced commands and techniques and when you feel yourself ready start the modding...

-Doomster

Hell_666
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 13:02
Sorry if my name isn't correct to you general jackson, it isn't my goal.

Quote: "Has to be said that way im sure he's perfectly capable of making a great mod, he just does not know it"

I know quite the DBP, I want to make a simple mod with bloom and some optimization and personalisation, it's a mod to run on low config

Quote: "Just imagine what the forums would come to, if everybody would need a tutorial for anything... that'd be a infinite amount of tutorials, and it keeps getting more and more everyday!"

It's just that I'm french and I search a tutorial that I'm sure it can help me, I think some tutorials are better than other to learn the DBP if I want work on an engine and none a complete FPS, I may be wrong .

Eternal suffering ...

I'm french
Hi ! All !
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 15:02 Edited at: 27th Aug 2009 15:02
"Has to be said that way im sure he's perfectly capable of making a great mod, he just does not know it"

You too you need to know how to make a great mod, because your mod is bad and doesn't work correctly ( in the 1.07 version of fps creator ^^ )

We are just noob and we work in the Hellgaroth Mod "Me, Shiva and Hell_666", but if for make a mod we dont need a tutorial, so, how you have make your mod ? ha ?

We need tutorial for know more the DB engine and make a Mod, a GREAT mod !
So, people, can we help us ?

Thank's advance.

Hellgaroth mod in developpement
Hell_666
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 15:45
Ahou calm

Eternal suffering ...

I'm french
Asteric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 18:12
Quote: "You too you need to know how to make a great mod, because your mod is bad and doesn't work correctly ( in the 1.07 version of fps creator ^^ )"

Ever wonder why it says that it is to be used with v1.15 ?

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 18:21
Quote: "Sorry if my name isn't correct to you general jackson, it isn't my goal."

I know

He stood like a stone wall, not only in battle, but also for the Lord
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 18:26
Ummm I think you are confused, I have not released a mod for 1.15 or any mod at all. I am simply in support of fenix mod and assist with some things is all

Hell_666
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 19:10
If someone can help me, I should want learn how load a fullscreen shader and how use it

Eternal suffering ...

I'm french
Asteric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 20:54
Cyclone-I know, but i knew that he was Talkin about Fenix

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 22:40
Quote: "If someone can help me, I should want learn how load a fullscreen shader and how use it "

Download This and open the desired shaders folder, it will show an example of how it's used. How to integrate it into your code is something you will have to figure out on your own. We're not going to do everything for you.

It's not the world that turns against you, it's you that turns against the world.
Hell_666
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 23:09
Thanks a lot, this help me a lot

Eternal suffering ...

I'm french
Hi ! All !
Years of Service
User Offline
Me too, Thank you silvester !

Hi ! All !
Years of Service
User Offline
Heu... a exemple, ok, but i dont know how to make this working with fps creator

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2009 01:15
Quote: "how to make this working with fps creator "

Common sense and general programming know-how is what's needed to port code from one source into another.

If you know how both sources work, then it shouldn't be a problem to figure out how to get one part of source 2 into source 1.

Since FPSC does not utilize full screen shaders at all, you'll likely have to write the code for their support.

The one and only,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 23:14:17
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 23:14:17