Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Multiplayer Gun Spawn

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 18:21
i don't like asking questions on this forum people get a bit angry, but here goes. Is there a way to asign a gun to a character so when they spawn in multiplayer instead of having to go and pick up a gun they have in automatically?
Peace
~ ViRaL

~ ViRaL =]
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 20:07 Edited at: 27th Aug 2009 20:07
Quote: "i don't like asking questions on this forum people get a bit angry, but here goes."

I suppose i cant say anything about that, that would make people ccalling me "angry". One thing i can say is that that is completely not true.

And to that question there is a very simple (very simple) answer for.

In properties of the character, add a weapon by clicking on has weapon, you also can set the quantity of the ammo.

Samuellx3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 22:20
Quote: "One thing i can say is that that is completely not true."

Sorry, it wasnt meant to offend anyone, but back when i was a bit of a noob i had some bad experiences. Therefore puting me off posting questions,

Thankyou for answering but when the editor is in mutilplayer mode, the properties menu has limited options

~ ViRaL =]
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 22:24
Build everything in Single Player and then after you are done, just goto preferences and switch to multiplayer.

Hi, it’s Robert with Stealthmod! You’ll be saying Stealth every time you use this mod! It’s like CoD! It’s like L4D! It’s like BioShock. A regular mod doesn’t work good – this works good and great.
Samuellx3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 22:26 Edited at: 27th Aug 2009 22:28
Hmm i tried that , but i'll give it ago

Edit = Is there a way to have a MP player carry more weapons like a pistol + Knife aswell?

~ ViRaL =]
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 22:29
Yeah, just place a pickup of the weapon under the player .

-SSG

Samuellx3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 23:01
That was what i was going to do but say i had 4 player slot and only 3 joined then there would be random guns about the place

~ ViRaL =]
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 23:04
Well, a way around that would be to spawn them on a location you can't get back to. Other then that you will have to remember that this is a BASIC engine, it gives you a lot of features but it's not perfect for every single idea or copy from other games. For more advanced options like that it might be an idea to code a mod that reads which weapons to assign to which player when it loads.

It's not the world that turns against you, it's you that turns against the world.
Samuellx3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 23:35
Ahh i thought someone would say that, ahh well, Thanks for everyones help.

~ ViRaL =]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 23:16:47
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 23:16:47