Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Dark GDK installation is driving me CRAZY!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, dear programmers! I need your help with a problem, which probably sooner or later wil drive me insane...

A couple of days ago, I downloaded and installed Visual C++ Express, DirectX SDK August 2007, and ofcourse Dark GDK. Anyhow, the install is driving me insane!

Every time I try to reinstall, I get the same problem: The "Wizard-thingie" thats suppose to pop up when you make a new profile... simply doesn't pop up ( I've followed several tutorials on how to install correctly, and it hasn't worked a single time. I'm available of finding all the files in the Dark GDK folder, and I can run them, but somehow the wizard won't work.

I'm running in Vista Home Basic.

And please, pleeeeaaaase, help me, I'm starting to feel kinda suicidal...

(Also, sorry if my english is kinda wierd. I'm from sweden ya' no'!)

C++ newbie.
sydbod
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2009 04:18
It has been a long time for me, but I will try what I remember.
Here is the link for the basic instructions:
http://gdk.thegamecreators.com/?f=install

From memory:
1) Install Microsoft Visual C+ 2008 (but do not run it yet)
2) Install Microsoft DirectX 9.0c SDK (August 2007)
3) NOW RUN "Visual C+ 2008" (just start it and let it configure itself, don't do a project, close it down)
4) Install Dark GDK (NOTE ***)

NOTE ***
When installing Dark GDK the program will firstly unpack itself, you will have to run the installer from the unpacked file. (many people fail to do this second part).

Hope this helps.
Skolmen
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, the only problem with reinstalling right now is the fact that when I try to remove VC++, it won't be removed... I don't really know why, but it just won't happen Got any solutions regarding this?

C++ newbie.
sydbod
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2009 10:26
I have never used Vista, and have no plans ever to use Vista, so on that point I am of no help ... sorry.
Maybe one has to be logged in as the administrator to be able to uninstall VC++2008.
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2009 10:41 Edited at: 29th Aug 2009 10:46
Have you read the "installation and wizards" thread which is stickied on this forum? Especially the last page. It is a known issue that the Dark GDK wizards are not installed properly if the Windows version is not English. There are several posts there which explain how to copy and edit the files to correct it.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&b=22&t=118371&p=2
Skolmen
Years of Service
User Offline
Mireben: Thanks alot Solved the problem now ^^

Love on you <3

C++ newbie.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 12:28:51
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 12:28:51