Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Is it possible to change one player's speed?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I hvae been searcvhing around and I get conflicting answers. Basically, I am wondering if it is possible to adjust a character entity's speed in a multiplayer game? I have the v115 as of now but my nephew's laptop runs slower. So I was wondering if it was possible to adjust his character's speed so that he can move faster and keep up with me. can this be done? I can't find the fpe file in the built game folder. And I can't find those attributes in the arena creator part of FPSC. Is there a way to do it or am I just beating a dead horse? lol Thanks.

LIFE: "That thing that happens to us when we are too young to die"
~V.J.C. 2003
Asteric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2009 19:42
I dont think it is possible, i can't provide a definite answer but i am pretty sure that it is not supported, have you tried right clicking on the character entitiy and changing it's speed from there, the only problem with that is that i am not sure if the entity is just a start marker for a player, and the player does not actually adopt the attributes, worth a shot.

Cruise McClarren
Years of Service
User Offline
IT doesn't give you the option for that. The character you place is just a start marker. I was hoping but ok. Thanks again!!

~V.J.C. 2003
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2009 07:49 Edited at: 31st Aug 2009 07:51
Locate "Player Start.fpe" in \Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Files\entitybank\_markers

Under: "Identity Details" add this line:

speed = x (where x is your speed amount)

You can also add your own value for Hurtfall so that the player doesn't take damage at 100 units (like at the bottom of stairs).

Mine looks like this:

~Dave
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2009 08:09
...all you have to do is right click on the player start marker...

~Wizmod and Apple Juice Owner/Deverloper~
Game Creating Community
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2009 08:14 Edited at: 31st Aug 2009 08:15
That's true, but if you want it permanent, then set it up in the fpe. Othewise, you have to right-click and set it each and every time.

You can also assign a default weapon for testing levels so that you don't have to assign that each and every time. Just time savers.

~Dave
Splash down
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2009 09:06 Edited at: 31st Aug 2009 09:06
EDIT:forum bug

Splashdownedthemonstas
http://www.freewebs.com/splashdowngames
Cruise McClarren
Years of Service
User Offline
The start marker is only for single player games. I am trying to work it out for a multiplayer game. And in the multiplayer files, there is no Player Start.fpe in the compiled game folder. Where would it be? Because it isn't in the entitybank\markers folder.

~V.J.C. 2003
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Well in MP, the "player" is each character entity that's added. Try adding the speed= command to each character's FPE under Identity Details.

~Dave
Cruise McClarren
Years of Service
User Offline
The .fpe isn't in the folder. It has bin and dbo file but no fpe. Where would that be saved in the built game files?

~V.J.C. 2003
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 00:59
No, you'll need to edit and rebuild...

If I was ever given the opportunity to remove all the bad from the world, I wouldn't, because for there to be heroism, compassion and all that is good, there must also be all that is bad.
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Right, like Jamie said. Edit and rebuild the game. Delete the .bin and .dbo files for each character before rebuilding the game as well.

~Dave
Cruise McClarren
Years of Service
User Offline
so I should make a backup of the fpe and then change the actual one,rebuild the game and then reset the fpe to the original after the game is made?

~V.J.C. 2003
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 13:35
Yeh, that's the way to do it...

If I was ever given the opportunity to remove all the bad from the world, I wouldn't, because for there to be heroism, compassion and all that is good, there must also be all that is bad.
Cruise McClarren
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried to add the speed to the FPE and it didn't make a difference. It changed it in the single player but not the multiplayer. Is there some other way to do it?

~V.J.C. 2003
Field meister_Gilmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2009 20:16
right click on player start. has player health and speed.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) so it begins...
Cruise McClarren
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "
right click on player start. has player health and speed.
"

You only have that option if you are making a single player game. I am trying to make an arena game and change the speed. You don't have a tag option to change the speed in an arena game by right-clicking. I need to change it in the arena game and am wondering how to do it. I tried to add the speed option by editing the fpe file and it shows up properly in single player games but it did not affect the players in the multiplayer games.

~V.J.C. 2003
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You only have that option if you are making a single player game. I am trying to make an arena game and change the speed. You don't have a tag option to change the speed in an arena game by right-clicking. I need to change it in the arena game and am wondering how to do it. I tried to add the speed option by editing the fpe file and it shows up properly in single player games but it did not affect the players in the multiplayer games."

I'm not sure but can't you right click on the multiplayer characters you placed and change there speed?

Cruise McClarren
Years of Service
User Offline
unfortunately no. I already tried. You don't have the same options you do in single player editor that you do in multiplayer editor. I know it can be done. The trick is figuring out how lol. So hoping someone else might help me to figure it out.

~V.J.C. 2003
Splash down
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2009 08:43
edit the characters traits within fpsc in the .fpe. then test the game. find and replace the built game's dbo and bin files with the ones inside fpsc

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 01:18:44
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 01:18:44