Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSCreator Free Version Map Contest ~~~~ Prize = FPSCreator Bonanza

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Deltayo you're level is HUGE! Lol. I keep getting an error on light 531 though so it won't let me test it. I'll keep trying to load it though. Even though it will most likely lag like no other lol."

It was intended to be bigger ! Oh yea, just realized that you cannot complete the level since you cannot reach the elevator at the end. Not a big deal really, you just ride up the elevator all the way up to the base of the mansion and then take the stairs down to the door that ends the game.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2009 08:30 Edited at: 1st Oct 2009 08:55
I don't have a great computer but it's not a bad one.... Your level has been loading for over an hour 1322 light objects to map doesn't go quickly lol.

I'm worried about the FPS lol.

[edit]

Well it just error reported 93% loaded so I'm not going to try again lol. But I'll give you some feedback from what I can see based off the editor.

I know your very limited to the amount of entities you can use but there were a load of empty rooms. Try and make some of those rooms smaller too. Big empty rooms like that can kill the fps on normal computers. You have several empty and repetitive hallways as well.
Like I said though I know it's tough when you're so limited. But since you are so limited, it would be better just to make a smaller level all together.

Overall it looked pretty decent. I can't tell how your lighting was. I'm no good at lighting so I really can't tell what good looks like from the editor so I didn't pay any attention to it lol.

I'm not a judge but I'd have to say Lemmywinks has my vote then Delta. Good job to all those who entered though! I hope to see another competition like this. I really enjoyed this competition. I love seeing what newcomers come up with.

Signature's are stupid.
Deltayo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Well it just error reported 93% loaded so I'm not going to try again lol. But I'll give you some feedback from what I can see based off the editor.

I know your very limited to the amount of entities you can use but there were a load of empty rooms. Try and make some of those rooms smaller too. Big empty rooms like that can kill the fps on normal computers. You have several empty and repetitive hallways as well.
Like I said though I know it's tough when you're so limited. But since you are so limited, it would be better just to make a smaller level all together.

Overall it looked pretty decent. I can't tell how your lighting was. I'm no good at lighting so I really can't tell what good looks like from the editor so I didn't pay any attention to it lol."

Well actually, I was going to add wall signs and obstacles to the hallways and also to add more detail to the empty room. However, due to the time allotted I could not finish adding all the details. I just made the the passageway to win the game (even thought I forgot to make access the the elevator ), I finished the lava at around 11:55 EST. So I had to stop and just submit what I had .
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2009 09:01 Edited at: 1st Oct 2009 09:04
Quote: "I don't have a great computer but it's not a bad one.... Your level has been loading for over an hour 1322 light objects to map doesn't go quickly lol."

Yeah, the lights were a bit over the top and they caused test/build problems.
I finally got it to run but then it crashed hard after step out of a door and out onto the rooftops.

Quote: "I finished the lava at around 11:55 EST. So I had to stop and just submit what I had "

Well done, and thanks for entering.
I'll update the first post now.

I'll review all of these entries again tomorrow and then post my opinions and the contest winner results.

So, check back tomorrow to find out who won.

Thanks for entering you guys and I guess it is my fault that we did not have a big turn out.
Maybe it was because the maps had to be made available for public review.
I'm not sure as to why exactly, but it was far less turn out for entries than I had expected.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2009 09:04 Edited at: 1st Oct 2009 09:07
Quote: "Well actually, I was going to add wall signs and obstacles to the hallways and also to add more detail to the empty room. However, due to the time allotted I could not finish adding all the details. I just made the the passageway to win the game (even thought I forgot to make access the the elevator ), I finished the lava at around 11:55 EST. So I had to stop and just submit what I had"

Yeah the time limit is understandable. You were only 40% completed so I can't say exactly what you were going to add.

It has good potential though I definitely give you some props.

Quote: "
Thanks for entering you guys and I guess it is my fault that we did not have a big turn out.
Maybe it was because the maps had to be made available for public review.
I'm not sure as to why exactly, but it was far less turn out for entries than I had expected."

I was really surprised as well. This was an AMAZING competition for people with the free version of FPSC to enter. I really found this competition the most unique of them all. I give you props for thinking of this competition. If more than one enter I find the competition at least a somewhat success.

Signature's are stupid.
Lemmywinks
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "That's funny, because I played all the way through the first try without any stair bugs at all. (I did die once though)
"

Well thats good. Maybe it was just my computer causing the issues.

Quote: "I'm not a judge but I'd have to say Lemmywinks has my vote then Delta."

Thanks Jenkins! Don't jinx me though lol.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2009 09:17 Edited at: 1st Oct 2009 09:27
Quote: "I was really surprised as well. This was an AMAZING competition for people with the free version of FPSC to enter. I really found this competition the most unique of them all. I give you props for thinking of this competition. If more than one enter I find the competition at least a somewhat success."

Thanks
All of the contestants are winners for having the guts to go for it and put their stock maps out there for all to see.
It may have been a bit intimidating for beginners to post maps for all the veterans to comment on, so I'll say it again...well done!

I'm not sure why KraHen did not get an entry in, but I'll check again in the morning for entries that may have been on post approval.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2009 11:32
Quote: "I'm not sure why KraHen did not get an entry in, but I'll check again in the morning for entries that may have been on post approval.
"

Nope no entries on post approval. I, too, am surprised that there were not more entries as this competition had a fantastic prize for someone who is starting out.

It's possible that people were intimidated by having to post there entries for all to see, and I think everyone who entered should be proud of themselves for finishing a level for the competition. Every level you finish increases your understanding of the program and can only mean anything you make in the future will be better.

KraHen
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I couldn`t post it before the deadline, my connection broke down. See you next time?
Field meister_Gilmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2009 17:06
Yeah, I actually had some good stuff to use but we could only use stock. Well, I hope I did well, but it seems from everyones comments that mine sourta sucked.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) so it begins...
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2009 18:03 Edited at: 1st Oct 2009 18:04
Quote: "Nope no entries on post approval."

Thanks Thraxas for clearing that up.
Now, I don't have to wait and wonder.

So, it is official; we only had a total of four entries. (only 4, wow)

Quote: "It's possible that people were intimidated by having to post there entries for all to see, and I think everyone who entered should be proud of themselves for finishing a level for the competition."

That's what I am thinking.

Quote: "Well, I couldn`t post it before the deadline, my connection broke down. See you next time?"

That is a good reason to enter early like Gilmer.

Quote: "Well, I hope I did well, but it seems from everyones comments that mine sourta sucked."

You did well and it did not suck.

I am going to play them all again and make a few notes then come back with the results in a little while.

Field meister_Gilmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2009 18:14
sweet. Well... now we wait... *Jeopardy theme song*

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) so it begins...
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2009 19:11
Your level didn't suck at all Gilmer. I found it enjoyable but it just needed some work. There were a few parts where you didn't add a ceiling to the room and it really just needed some touch ups. I personally found Lemmywinks' level to be the most enjoyable, but that does not mean your level sucked at all.

Signature's are stupid.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2009 20:03
Quote: "I personally found Lemmywinks' level to be the most enjoyable, but that does not mean your level sucked at all."

I agree

I am going to post the results on the first page now.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2009 20:20
Great job everyone and congratulations.

Signature's are stupid.
Field meister_Gilmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2009 20:36 Edited at: 1st Oct 2009 21:01
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! We all win!!!! so now I wont have to start a personal vendetta.

EDIT: Oh, should I just e-mail you the info you need, or just write it here? preferably e-mail for me, though.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) so it begins...
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2009 00:53 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2009 21:00
Quote: "should I just e-mail you the info you need, or just write it here?"

I will send you guys an email in the next day or so.
It will tell you what info you need to send to TGC.
I'll email TGC first to let them know who won and to confirm what they need from you.

Please, wait for my email for prize claim instructions.

Quote: "Well, I couldn`t post it before the deadline, my connection broke down. See you next time?"

I doubt I will hold another map contest like this one, since the Bonanza is a limited time offer and we had such a small turn out of entries.

I will be holding another contest though with the FPSC Bonanza as a prize!
That will be a re-texturing contest for one of the stock characters. (have yet to decide)
I will probably require the entry to be a layer that can be applied over the stock texture.
That way no one will be redistributing TGC media, but rather something that is 100% their own creation.
Creating the layer in Paint.NET is not difficult, so it should be a fun contest for everyone.
So, you still have a chance to win!
Give me a few days (maybe a week) to post the new contest thread though.

Field meister_Gilmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2009 01:13
cool.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) so it begins...
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2009 20:17 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2009 20:21
@Deltayo & ThePSXGamer
You do not have an email listed in your profile, so please let me know how I can contact you.

ThePSXGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
I have it listed now

"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend."
-U.S. Army Training Notice
Deltayo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@Deltayo & ThePSXGamer
You do not have an email listed in your profile, so please let me know how I can contact you."

Oh, my e-mail is itzsupersimon@yahoo.com , I will add it to my profile soon.
Deltayo
Years of Service
User Offline
A bad turn of news, I won't be able to go on my computer for the next few weeks. So I might not be able to read any e-mails you will send me.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2009 19:26 Edited at: 4th Oct 2009 20:33
Quote: "A bad turn of news, I won't be able to go on my computer for the next few weeks. So I might not be able to read any e-mails you will send me. "

I hope you are up & running again soon.

I have received all of the delivery information, and it has been forwarded to TGC.

This marks the end of the contest. (except for comments of course)

Thanks again to those who participated, and congratulations again to the winners.

Have fun everyone!

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2009 06:18
Congratulations everyone. I played all your levels and enjoyed them. If youd like any more detailed feedback, let me know

Seeing as the contest is over, I'll unsticky this now.

Thanks Conjured Entertainment for being so generous

Talairina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2009 01:44
I have to say that your prize giving there is incrediable generous once again Conjured. Congratz to the winners and welcome to the fold! Enjoy your prizes!
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2009 20:54
CE, do you have any e-mail I can contact you with?

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2009 20:55
Congratulations all around!

Field meister_Gilmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2009 22:29
thank yall. be expecting a game real soon.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) so it begins...
Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2009 04:35
Could you make a video with all the levels so we could see the contest entries? or screenshots, because I really want to see what people made with their free versions.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2009 03:36 Edited at: 13th Oct 2009 03:44
Quote: "CE, do you have any e-mail I can contact you with?"

Yeah, I will send an email to the adress in your profile.

Quote: "Could you make a video with all the levels so we could see the contest entries?"

Just download the map and throw it into your mapbank, then play it for yourself.
I don't have the free time right now to make a video, but I guess we could have had screenshots at least. (my fault, sorry)

Deltayo
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I am currently using the computer at my local library. Were we suppose to receive FPS Creator electronically or by postal mail? I checked my Order History and it says that I have requested two copies of FPS Creator, one electronically and one through postal mail.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2009 18:49 Edited at: 16th Oct 2009 18:53
I think you get the download version to play with while you wait for the boxed version to arrive. (the boxed version had more stock media included than the download)
I have sent the information you gave me for your mailing address to TGC and your boxed version will be mailed there, so keep an eye out for it.

Field meister_Gilmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2009 02:08
It does? holy crap. I need to install it then. I only bothered installing the download.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) so it begins...
Deltayo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I think you get the download version to play with while you wait for the boxed version to arrive. (the boxed version had more stock media included than the download)
I have sent the information you gave me for your mailing address to TGC and your boxed version will be mailed there, so keep an eye out for it."

Oh really, that's cool. Also, I received the box a few days before I posted . Now all I need to do is wait for my computer to return. Be expecting my Mansion game to be finished and expanded next year xD

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 03:31:01
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 03:31:01