Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / i need and explosion to play i already have the explosion image

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 01:36
its in the attachement please make it work or give me the code to do it

kyle

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 03:53
We don't like GIMMIE DA CODEZ messages. I will post you a link that explains it and has two methods to do animation. If you use Darkbasic Classic you'll only be able to use the first method.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=152247&b=7

Dark Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2009 03:07
Quote: "GIMMIE DA CODEZ"

LOL!

(\__/) HHAHAHAHAHAH!
(O.o ) / WORLD DOMINATION!!!!!!!!!!
(> < )
acurrate eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 22:43
I have the animaton working
i still need to add score and lives ill figure that out for myself

i would give the finished project but it wont work
it keeps saying it is not running on "my computers name"
refresh process list
what does that mean
do i have to reinstall everything?

kyle
feiting shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
I took at look at this:

and THAT IS NOT C++!

Please go to www.cprogramming.com !!! read their tutorials then buy a book on game programming, such as Windows Game Programming (any of them, thin or thick) by Andre L and get through the sections that explain why you should use int bullet = 1; load image("bullet.jpg", bullet) instead of ("bullet.jpg", 1).

Afterwards, begin coding. It will take you a day to read the book, but it will save you years!

The tutorial will explain why your program doesn't run... please just read it, the first 11 or more tutorials at Cprogramming.com that is.

Signed
------
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2009 14:18 Edited at: 14th Sep 2009 14:18
Is it meant to be C++? This site is mostly for The Game Creator products. Dark Basic etc, so why send someone to a C programming site?

chwilly
Years of Service
User Offline
cprogramming.com is one of the best C/C++ references on the net. Lots of stuff there.
feiting shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
pincho... there are function headers being used as calls...

take a look at it...

I believe instead of going over every little thing, like "this is wrong" "why" "because you can't.... and you should..." it's faster to just show the person where the right way is.

Also, C++ mechanics teaches proper object habits for function calls and modular design, how I learned that is.

And... this is "2D all the way", and he's trying to write a 2D thing within GDK, related as far as I can tell.

Do you know C++ pincho? I'd guess you do, but if you don't, the closest thing I can think of to the above code is:

instead of calling the looping functions... and that is why I recommended that entire system of tutorials. Besides, A eye's syntax and otherwise is fine. I'm pretty sure they'll catch on quick, and might just need to review what's used where

Signed
------
Gamer Making
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2009 21:28
First of all, you need to use paint, and all those, to seperate the image of the explosion into equally divided bitmaps with each frame of the explosion. Then you use promotion, and attach those all into one animstrip.bmp file, and ionno about the command a darkGDK for it, but this is what it is like on darkbasicPro

or something similar to that.

OpenFPS tester and Coder
[/href]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 22:11:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 22:11:44