Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all

At the point of pulling my hair out! For some reason my FPSC has decided that no matter what skybox I choose I actually really want the nautral/plain skybox and nothing I do seems to be fixing the issue. I've already checked the setuplevel.fpi in the game I built and it even contains a path to the Night sky box (the one I want to use). I've tried copying in sky boxes from other installs but nothing works. Any ideas?

Pioneering - Website: http://www.huntersofkentucky.com
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 16:24
Exactly the same problem I'm having
I hope you find a solution.

knxrb

chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Exactly the same problem I'm having
I hope you find a solution.

knxrb"

Do you suppose it might be a horror mod issue? That's the mod I'm using...

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 16:30
Nope, it's not Horror Mod, I've had a look at the source and everything with the skyboxes is exactly as it should be

knxrb

chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Nope, it's not Horror Mod, I've had a look at the source and everything with the skyboxes is exactly as it should be

knxrb"

Hmmmm - what were you doing before your skyboxes stopped working? I was trying out a new script to change the sky box in-game. First thing I noticed was that I couldn't turn off the starry night level but my new script allowed me to switch back to the day time but nothing I have done can undo this latests change. Have run the cleaner program several times now.

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 16:43
I tried changing the skybox to a new one.
After that it stopped working, even the standard FPSC IP exe doesn't work

knxrb

chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I tried changing the skybox to a new one.
After that it stopped working, even the standard FPSC IP exe doesn't work "

This is such a pain. I always forget how buggy FPSC can be until I try and build a game and something like this always happens!!! ARGGH!

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 16:47
Yup, I'm trying to build my first FPSC game as well

knxrb

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 17:43 Edited at: 1st Sep 2009 17:51
Check the default mygame setup.ini. Make a copy of it first before changing anything in it just in case of disaster. Then edit it appropriately to call the skybox you want to use.

That should fix your issue either in editor at test run or final compiled game. If not then I would not know what else to suggest from here.

If its just a compiled game you are referring to of course changing the skybox code appropriately - in setup.ini for your game and ensuring that particular skybox and no other exists in your compiled game folder directories should ensure that it is displayed.

Other than that it may be possible that FPSC and or your system is holding on to old temp files which are not being updated. It happens quite often with FPSC. I am not referring to .dbo and .bin files but the temp files on your system that FPSC creates.

Levels and possibly corruption of files or failure to update for other reason can occur. I guess the fpm and or the universe file can get corrupted occasionally.

In very rare cases I have heard people say they have lost their levels.

Of course FPSC at its best can sometimes be just erratic.

250 seamless textures : http://www.umedia.co.uk
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 17:53
Quote: "At the point of pulling my hair out! For some reason my FPSC has decided that no matter what skybox I choose I actually really want the nautral/plain skybox and nothing I do seems to be fixing the issue. I've already checked the setuplevel.fpi in the game I built and it even contains a path to the Night sky box (the one I want to use). I've tried copying in sky boxes from other installs but nothing works. Any ideas?"

You wouldnt happen to have 116 would you ?

Join the forums and download fpsc games here:
http://fpsc-games.webs.com/
Windows Vista,ATI Readon HD 4870,AMD Athlon 7750 64 Dual Core,4GB ram,SoundBlaster Audigy,EFX Free Edition
chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You wouldnt happen to have 116 would you ?"

No, no - FPSC is buggy enough without beta tests! I'm using v. 1.15 with horror mod installed.

Quote: "Check the default mygame setup.ini. Make a copy of it first before changing anything in it just in case of disaster. Then edit it appropriately to call the skybox you want to use."

Probably a stupid question but what form should the code take the setup.ini as I've had a look and there doesn't seem to be any mention of the skybox in this file. I did replace the setup.ini and setuplevel.fpi with versions of these files from a fresh install, alas - no luck.

Quote: "Other than that it may be possible that FPSC and or your system is holding on to old temp files which are not being updated. It happens quite often with FPSC. I am not referring to .dbo and .bin files but the temp files on your system that FPSC creates."

This though has occured to me also. When I install FPSC again it works but if I copy across my "files" folder the same fault re-appears. Anyone know of any temp files that can be deleted?

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 01:24
I have this problem too.
Here's the fix (for me anyways)
Downgrade to 1.09
Run .dbo and .bin cleaner
Reupgrade and rebuild your game

He stood like a stone wall, not only in battle, but also for the Lord
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Had this problem myself a while back using scripts to change the skybox, the particular script used was placed in a triggerzone and it changed the box ok but wouldnt change to anything else afterwards,it screwed up FPSC, couldnt change skybox even after stopping using that script, I will NEVER use triggerzones again to do this.
chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Had this problem myself a while back using scripts to change the skybox, the particular script used was placed in a triggerzone and it changed the box ok but wouldnt change to anything else afterwards,it screwed up FPSC, couldnt change skybox even after stopping using that script, I will NEVER use triggerzones again to do this. "

I think you and I did the same thing here, Rolfy

Quote: "I have this problem too.
Here's the fix (for me anyways)
Downgrade to 1.09
Run .dbo and .bin cleaner
Reupgrade and rebuild your game"

General Jackson, I am going to give this a try now. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 23:14:43
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 23:14:43