Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / HeadLock webcam game controller

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I know that this is not a Dark Basic or Dark GDK game, but I thought that some of you might be interested in this product. The company that I work for has been working on a stand alone head tracking program called HeadLock.
HeadLock uses a standard PC webcam to track the movement of a player's head. The movements are converted into key presses, to control the user's in-game character. HeadLock is initially intended to be used with any first person orientated game, but could eventually be used to control pretty much any software. I have been using HeadLock with some of the games that I have created using Dark GDK and have been impressed with the result.

We are about to launch a beta test release of HeadLock which will initially be free to download from the Head Games website.
I would really appreciate it if you could try the HeadLock beta with your own Dark Basic or Dark GDK games, and post any feedback in the HeadLock forum.

If you would like to try the HeadLock beta it will soon be available to download from

www.head-games.org

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Voddy
Years of Service
User Offline
The HeadLock beta is now available to download on the the head-games web site.
Mason
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2009 03:19
Wow that sounds pretty insane.. How far along is it, any working examples?

Also, you need to fix your website link on your profile, it links to www.thegamecreators.com/<yourwebsite> which goes to a 404 error.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 06:43:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 06:43:38