Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / What does DarkPhysics check for in Phy Start

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2009 15:09 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2009 15:13
right basically i want to know how phy start knows if physx is installed or not, so i can right my own function that i can put before phy start, that doesnt just load up the nvidia download page then crash out your app...

e.g

Yours
N3wton

Duke E
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2009 21:17 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2009 21:23
Have to rummage trough the registry and read the Physx version info before initializing "Phy Start" then. I think i saw something in one post ways back about the registry key that was involved but i unfortunaltely didn't bookmark it.
Edit, found it (yay Google);
Hive: "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREAGEIA Technologies"
Key DWORD: "PhysX Version"

When you do Phy Start w.o Physx drivers installed it redirects to a browser and opens an hardcoded URL.

Regards
N3wton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2009 22:49
Right i've copied that registry values from "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AGEIA Technologies" unisntalled physx, then re installed that registry, but still when i run physx it says i don't have it installed... so that isn't what it checks for...

any ideas?

Yours
N3wton

N3wton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2009 00:59 Edited at: 4th Sep 2009 01:01
I've done it

I've made a function that means you don't have to download the 40mb physx drivers

Basically, it checks the registry for the AGEIA Technologies information, if its not there, it adds it... then it copys the only PhysXCooking.dll and PhysXCore.dll it uses (v2.7.3) to program files, all you have to do is have
- PhysXLoader.dll
- PhysXDevice.dll
- physxcudart_20.dll
along side of your application (or make it copy them to system32)

thats it
Try it out
-< DOWNLOAD >-

Yours
N3wton

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Duke E
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2009 02:17 Edited at: 4th Sep 2009 02:18
I figured you only wanted to know whether the drivers where installed.

Thats a nice way to get it running on any machine w.o having to download the driver pack

Two things though, you don't get the control panel setting app installed. May be needed to select the accelerator card if more than one gfx card is installed (only thing i can think of it's really needed for, however that can maybe be done in the DarkPhysics wrapper also, i don't remember).

Also you should to check the "ProgramFiles" environment variable as not all OS's are english, the Program Files directory is often called by the OS native language name. So just putting the Nvidia dll's in "Program Files" wont work unless you have a English OS.
Looked but didn't find a way to tap the Environment variables with a DBP command, it may exist a plugin that can obtain them. Could work to use "load dll" on kernel32.dll and checking GetEnvironmentVariable with "call dll"
N3wton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2009 15:28
ok im using the shell32.dll to get the program files location now, so it should work in anylaungage, also if your main drive aint C it should work

Also i rewrote all that i use into a .dba file so anyone can do this, it has 2 commands...

CheckPhysX()
InstallPhysX()

simple

Im also gonna make install the other 3 dlls
- PhysXLoader.dll
- PhysXDevice.dll
- physxcudart_20.dll
Into the system32 folder so you don't need them along side your application so i'll make a new post to release it, hopefully later today

Yours
N3wton

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 18:53:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 18:53:43