Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Very very dumb image creation issuing dbCreateAnimatedSprite

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All,

I am trying to animate a few sprites but the image always has a white box around it. I have played around with the images in the getting started tutorial and I find once I make an edit to them, even if I undo that and save the image back to what should be it's original design I find the whitebox now pops up where it did not before.

I have spent several days trying to overcome this issue. I figured more advanced coding problems would plague me when I started this project... not this. I am truly lost.

Thanks Joe.
chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2009 18:23
The white box is prolly a transparency issue with the image , use gimp to make sure the background pixels are transparent & save as a png much better than bmp`s

chunks

nvidia geforce 9500gt + amd athlon 64
windows vista ultimate.
Marsh0
Years of Service
User Offline
dbSetImageColorKey ( 255, 255, 255 );

As chunks chunks said you need to make it true white. The EXACT same color as the transparency. If you save it as a low quality image then you may get a slur of different shades of white. They only need to be one color off. Post your imagecolorkey code so i can see what colors. Then post your image.
josaba
Years of Service
User Offline
It was a transparency issue. GIF files worked but PNG did not until I made pure black transparent via Paint Shop Pro. I am so ignorant to the encoding in image files. Thanks you two for reaching out and giving some solid advice that helped me along!

-Joe
acurrate eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2009 01:06
this is transperency if it is black it may be automaticly see through like ubove you do need to add the code
dbSetImageColorKey(red,blue,green);
or something close to that

kyle

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 12:40:02
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 12:40:02