Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Loading FPSC Level using LoadStaticObjects() -help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I created a level in FPSC and successfully loaded it into DBPro. I load the universe.dbo file as such:
load static objects "levelbank\testlevel\universe.dbo", 0

Now then, I try to do the same thing in DarkGDK but the program launches then crashes. Here is the code:

This is just a test program to see if I can actually load a level. The Print statement just outputs a 1 in the upper right corner so I know the file is found.

I changed the dbLoadStaticObjects() to dbLoadObject() and it worked, although it didn't load anything other than the bare segments used to create the room (plain grey walls). I looked and looked for more information on dbLoadStaticObjects() but no luck so far.

Can anyone shed some light here?

MFC Coder
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2009 18:34
All of the level's textures have to be relative to the universe.dbo file, is that how you have them ? It sounds like it isnt finding the textures from your description. The load static objects command im not sure of as I havent used it much, but I thought the objects had to be saved as static before you could load them that way, does FPSC support that in it's export ?

Hope this helps, I dont use FPSC levels so cant offer any help specific to that im sorry.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
MFC Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Still working on it. I basically copied the Loading FPSC level in DBPro tutorial, and then tried to duplicate it in DarkGDK.

Entities are dynamic in FPSC by default but if you want to keep one to use in DBPro you change it's static property to yes.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 12:29:40
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 12:29:40