Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Pong - My First Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2009 10:05
Umm, that's nice Goonj but like demons breath said: Don't ji-jack my thread dude.

Quote: "I can't seem to run this, having an error: unable to find MSVCP71. Same thing on both my computers, XP and Vista. "

Umm, well you're the onmly person who hasn't being able to run it so far... And we've had it run on XP, Vista, and Windows 7... =/ Hmmm!

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2009 11:10 Edited at: 16th Nov 2009 11:11
Some computers dont have a few dlls. Usually the computers which have been rebuilt recently.

You can get them off dll files. There are two.

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/pop.php?msvcp71
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/pop.php?msvcr71

Just put them in your System32 folder or the folder which the game exe is. Tilylala should put these files in the same folder as the exe anyway to stop this problem happening.

TillyLala
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2009 16:28
Quote: "Tilylala should put these files in the same folder as the exe anyway to stop this problem happening."

Well I apologise but I didn't even know about this error - especially since nobody else gets it. And I wouldn't want to make the file size any bigger anyway, it's a simple first game that we presumed would work on everyones pc's; and did until now.

Ashingda 27
Years of Service
User Offline
@kaedroho
Thanks for the link.

@TillyLala
Nice game, the intro is pretty and the game works! The loading was a bit long though.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:45:55
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:45:55