Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Dark BASIC excepting .DBO formats?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Does Dark BASIC (the one that comes with the GDK) accept map files in .DBO format? Or is that only meant for Dark PRO? I'm using DeleD 3D to make my map(s). Are there any plug-ins that would be compatible with Dark BASIC?

LOL
Essal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 12:28
I believe that this is in the wrong forum, since this is the forum for Dark GDK.

Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Dark Basic and Dark GDK are not the same. Dark GDK uses the C++ language, not Basic.

Dark GDK can load .dbo files, but if you are talking about Dark Basic Classic, then I think it can't, I'm not sure though. It would be better to ask the question in the "Dark Basic discussion" part of the forum.
CokeBoi
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry meant Dark GDK. So it CAN import dbo?

LOL
action 9000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2009 10:14
Yep, it can. Just make sure the .DBO is not a hugely complex object like a big terrain, otherwise it will probably give you nothing but trouble.
CokeBoi
Years of Service
User Offline
What if I wanted to import a terrain. Your saying I shouldn't use .DBO? Are there any other formats that would work for terrain?

LOL
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2009 02:38
DBO format is DarkBasic's internal format. ALL files that it loads are converted internally to this format before use. If you use .DBO format your objects will load faster than if you were using a different format, this is due to the engine having to copy all of the data from whatever format to the .DBO structures.

There are no limitations to using .DBO format as opposed to any other(besides those imposed by the engine). You will run into difficulties if you have hugely complex object structures in the file regardless of the format being DBO or X or any other format.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 12:28:33
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 12:28:33