Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Newbie! Need some help please

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 04:08
I want to start using this program to make games, I know nothing of how to make games but do know basic elements such as programming languages you need like C++ and I know how to use the 3D graphics modeling and such but coding wise I have no clue or how to import graphics or how to even start making a game, please someone help me.. After I learn C++ better then what? I understand C++ but how do i use it for making a game? I need major help please.

Newb Game creator
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 20:15 Edited at: 7th Sep 2009 20:15
There are a few samples and tutorials that are installed with Dark GDK. That's what everyone starts with. They can be found from the Start Menu, but you can also directly find them in the Dark GDK install directory, which is, by default: C:/Program Files/The Game Creators/Dark GDK. Look for the "samples" and "tutorials" directories.
Caleb1994
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 23:19
If you don't know c++ i would suggest finding tutorials online for c++ or even better a book i have a great one by deitel and deitel(i think thats how you spell)

you probably are going to have a hard time learning dark gdk if you don't know c++

New Site! Check it out \/
acurrate eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2009 00:59
i dont know c++ yet im making my own game now
i still need to find some books but im having a money
problem

kyle
logicandchaos
Years of Service
User Offline