Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Evolved's depth not working ? Using Mista Wilson's port of shadow mapping.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 21:14 Edited at: 7th Sep 2009 21:18
The depth seems to "see through" objects :S I have no clue how to explain it but here is screenies:

With depth technique on:

Just diffuse texture with no depth technique on the camera:

Edit: complete code I use for shadow mapping

Setting up the shadow mapping (the only thing I changed drastically is the effect ID which is now 40)

When updating

Am I doing anything wrong? I must be! Also, I noticed that the lighting appears on the wrong faces :S it is opposite of what it should be

Your signature has been erased by a mod
NeX the Fairly Fast Ferret
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 21:17
Brilliant descriptive post. I have no idea which (if any) shader you're using, which language, or what the code is doing.

Why don't you try being more vague?

prasoc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2009 21:19 Edited at: 7th Sep 2009 21:22
OMG WHY IS THIS in the wrong forum??? I meant to post in the dgdk forums sorry, please mods move this to the DGDK forums

Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2009 01:47 Edited at: 8th Sep 2009 01:50
It looks like you have an object the is being hidden/shown in there somewhere... The Shadowmapping demo that I posted doesnt require objects to be masked or hidden/shown, just the camera(and objects that you DONT want to cast shadows)

Thats what it looks like from the code you posted, the Jittmermap looks like its being made correctly but I cant tell from what you have posted if the rest would be working correctly or not it looks mostly right except for the hiding of the object...

Here is the full working source code to my shadowmapping demo(using evolved's shader) You can see if you have a look through that the objects in there arent being masked/hidden at all..

EDIT : Ignore the weird indentations.... copy/paste doesnt like me sometimes lol good 'ol Visual Studio and it's tabs

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
prasoc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2009 09:30 Edited at: 8th Sep 2009 09:40
I fixed one of my problems where lighting would be on the other side of the object: you HAVE to update the light position each frame (dbSetVector4(6,LX,LY,LZ,0); ) but I still have the depth problem, I have made the demo as small as possible with only the component parts, and I was actually hiding the sky object and showing it, I stopped doing that but it still sees through an object

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 12:38:53
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 12:38:53