Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Can't delete top layer's ceiling?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2009 00:38 Edited at: 8th Sep 2009 00:39
Hey. I've run into a problem where I can't delete the top layer from the map editor. When I first added the segment, it apparently created a ceiling, and when I deleted the building, the ceiling remained. There has to be some way to get rid of it, but I've tried:

(a) Recreating the space again before deleting

(b) Erasing at what appears to be nothing with the simply right-mouse segment delete

(c) Using the clipboard mode

But nothing seems to work. Any advice would be appreciated. I included some screens to show what I'm talking about. Thanks.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2009 00:41
Move up to the next layer and delete it from there.

Kravenwolf

kms
Years of Service
User Offline
Unfortunately, I can't do that. As I mentioned, this is the top layer, so that's what's making this all difficult. Thanks, though.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 8th Sep 2009 02:19
I've run into the same issue before, and unfortunately found no fix for it. I know it's no help now but.....

Save often!

If you have no recent save to go back to then may be stuck with it.

Brian.

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2009 03:09
If you built in on the top floor, then you'll need to restart. I don't believe that there is a way to remove the ceilings above the top.

This is why I paint the walls (press m) and floor (press f) separately

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2009 04:12
I have had this before.

I just picked a random segment and placed it everywhere I wanted to delete the ceiling from.

I then deleted all those segments I had just placed with the right click and the ceiling was also gone.

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2009 20:23
Wouldnt Just going into paint floor only mode and then deleting the celing help ?

My FPSC Fansite - http://fpsc.freephpbb3.com/index.php
Windows Vista,ATI Readon HD 4870,AMD Athlon 7750 64 Dual Core,4GB ram
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2009 23:02
You'd think the editor would prevent this from happening.

EDP Map Editor[2D]
JZ28
Years of Service
User Offline
i think you should report this in the 1.16 thread as im sure lee did not intend on this sort of thing to happen. i wonder if X10 has this error too.

Asteric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2009 20:02
what i would do is use the select tool, cut each layer and paste it one layer down.

kms
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks everyone. I tried (and retried) all of the different suggestions that people had, but unfortunately, none of them worked. Even trying to cut/paste or cut/delete didn't seem to work because it seemed to select everything /except/ the ceiling. I had to go back to an old save and redo a bunch of things, which was unfortunate. I'll have to save separate files even more frequently, I guess, but I'm glad I at least had something.

As far as reporting goes, would I put it in the 1.16, since that's what I'm using, or is this a problem that's around in many different versions?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 01:24:56
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 01:24:56