Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / LOTR game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2003 07:40
Hi guys, i watched the first two of the trilogy the other night and it got me inspired to make a cool lotr game, im thinking of making multiplayer just a hack fest game with the last alliance and the urak hai (orcs of mashment as i like to call them). I started playing round making my own terrain models etc with buildings and trees, then i played round with a small engine to put them in, im especially proud of the random tree placement forest that is fogged in teh backgroun dof this picture.

it looks pretty bare but thats cause i havent put anything else in, just been playing round with it to see if i can keep the fps going steady with lots of objects, the forest is 150 trees strong and my fps doesnt go under 30 when i wander through it. I also tried makign a player model and modified the code to allow for a 3rd person view, which is what i want eventually as it will be easier for the swordplay. But my model sucks total arse. It is the worst model i've made, i made it in like 20 mins and its supposed to be of the last alliance humans, but it looks so poor so i wont post a pic of it. i got it good on 3rd person (un animated) but collision doesnt work with most of the objects, it seems the rock wall and a few trees seem to make it stop whereas it floats through buildings. Anywya if anyone is interested in lending a hand or just to know a bit more about the game give me a bell. I'm also thinking of making a syndicate game, which will pretty much be the same as this but with a future city and models like the old games.

Falelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2003 08:47
Im LOTR Gamed out, but good luck with it.
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2003 09:12
demoed!
http://www.angelfire.com/wizard2/unpotkf/forestwar.zip
hope that works, just a lil test i put together, i get a steady 30 fps when i walk round, should be around 350 trees in there. Made in dbc. readme included so check it out.

Andrew
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2003 16:12
Hey it looks good
UberTuba
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2003 02:45
will there be undead nazi pirates in it???

the artist formally known as darkfluff
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2003 05:22
no that will be in my other game, undead nazi pirates of the kungfoorabean. but i may release an expansion to this game to add undead nazi pirates.

Critters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2003 13:38
lol yay

btw that looks really kewl

http://www.jaxteam.co.uk - under construction
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2003 15:00
tnx, i havent worked on it much ,just been looking for a better lotr model, if anyone knows wher ei can get my hands on a average poly coutn compatible model give me a bell.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 05:40:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 05:40:33