Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / The Mod Request Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2009 19:42
Hello, and good morning to everyone! (Probably not morning for everyone, but pleasantries all around anyway )

I am hoping to make this thread a compendium of all the features that the members would like to see in a Mod.

Now, I'm not promising that your requests will be added to a Mod, but it would be nice if Mod developers had a single place to go to find ideas for features! However, it would help the developers MUCH more if your request was well thought out and clean. This might be the difference between getting it implemented or not. So, I have provided the following template that you may use for your requests.

!!! REQUEST TEMPLATE !!!

Request Name: Simple, generic name for your request

******* This section for NON-FPI related features *******

Setup: In this section please list all of the setup measures that your feature would need, if any. This includes options for your feature that would need to go in the setup.ini, or a gunspec/flakspec, etc.

Details: How your feature would be used. Also, please be as detailed as possible in the explanation of how your feature would work, what it would do, etc. Anything that will help paint a picture of your feature in action.

******* This section for FPI related features *******

Command Name: Name of your command (how it would appear in a script) (please include the "=X" part, if it needs it)

Command Type: Condition or Action

Parameters: If your command needs information given to it, please elaborate on the information it needs here. Also, please specify when a condition should be TRUE. If it needs a filename, then please specify. This will be especially helpful for those commands that would need more than 1 bit of information passed into it.

******** This section for ALL requests *******

Disclaimer: If you feel that you request needs a little bit of extra information added, put it here. This could include information on WHY your request would be help, maybe short examples of how great it would be to have. Remember, we're not looking for a novel, just want to hear great reasons for why your request is the best!

I think that should give you enough to go from for almost any feature request imaginable.

Games are like a castle made from building blocks, and features are the building blocks. With that in mind, remember that the most DETAILED and greatest of castles can only be built with detailed enough blocks. Small blocks put together to make an aesthetical appearance, as opposed to large blocks that don't quite fit together. That being said, if your request is rather broad, see if you can break it down a bit into multiple features that could work together.

And to follow up, here are some examples of requests using the above template:

Request Name: Bloom

Setup: Default Bloom options will be set up in the setup.ini file. These options would be: bloompower, bloomscale, bloomweight. These options will also be adjustable through script commands.

Details: Bloom will be driven by a shader that enhances are gives a slight blur/halo to bright areas of the screen. The amount of color enhancement will be determined by the "bloompower" option. The amount of blur/halo will be determined by the "bloomscale" option. The shader will determine what brightness of colors to effect through the "bloomweight" option, where a weight of 0 will effect everything, while a weight of 1 will only effect solid white areas, and a value in between will determine how close to white a color must be to be effected by the bloom.

Disclaimer: Bloom would be great for enhancing the environment of our games. It sets a great mood for just about any genre! With the adjustable options for it, you could have even more control over the Bloom, letting you set a nice atmosphere for anything from a dank horrific sewer, to a tropical rainforest, to the hallway in an office building!

Request Name: Command for telling distance between entities

Command Name: TargetDistWithin=X

Command Type: Condition

Parameters: This command will return TRUE if the entity's target is within X units from it.

Disclaimer: This would help so much in creating great AI for FPSC, especially allies! It could also be used for any kind of interaction between mobile entities.

Keep it detailed, yet simple. Don't write a novel, but don't keep us guessing either.

(I am not creating this specifically for ideas for my own Mod. It can also serve as a great reference for all the modders out there!)

The one and only,

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, may I say this is a WOW and maybe a even bigger Wow, or maybe a WOW to Jupiter worth.

WOW!

Well you sure will hear from me mate. This is very nice, and awesome request thread, i even feel this would have to be stikied.

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2009 22:32
Mmmm no replies...yet I love the idea. Simple but surely a great help to mods. Plus it keeps there threads clean,tidy,avoids flaming and mods dont have to constantly clean spammed wants etc.

Hopefully people relize this threads existance and post here...not on the mods pages.

My only suggestion would be to add "Specific mod" So if people want they can direct there ideas to specific mods they think the feature/command would be best in or which mod they would like to see it in.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2009 23:19
It's a pity you deleted the Ply's Mod forum, I had a crapload of scripting ideas there...

Ah well, here's one:

Realtime Cubbemapping:

Make a camera that can be positioned through scripting, and have it send its image to a cubemap shader, whatever is seen on the camera will be cubemapped onto the object using the shader. The upshot is that you can have dynamie, on-the-go reflection effects without doubling rooms up...

If I was ever given the opportunity to remove all the bad from the world, I wouldn't, because for there to be heroism, compassion and all that is good, there must also be all that is bad.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 00:12
That would be nice. And it sounds easy the way you say it, but you also have to remember that the image needs to be "reflected" in the direction of it's surface normal. So floor reflections have to be reflected upside down, wall reflections sideways, cylinder reflections (mathematically) limitless directions.

It's a tad more complicated, but it's a good idea to think about. Thanks for contributing.

The one and only,

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 01:16
REQUEST: enhanced waypoint system mod

IDEAS: waypoints height can be edited like entities, and each waypoint can be edited like an entity. you can customize the animation for each waypoint section, and it automatically detects the last waypoint before an entity leaves the ground, and the first waypoint when the entity is on the ground.

SETUP: would require map source code

DETAILS: would be used by right clicking the waypoint node, and customizing the speed, and animation of the waypoint segment.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 01:21
Good idea! With that setup you could also have an option of "transitions", so instead of instantly changing from one speed to the next, you could have a slow transition into it along with a transitional animation.

The one and only,

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 02:02 Edited at: 11th Sep 2009 03:10
Request: Texture slide/rotate

Slide/rotate texture across the face of an object.

Command name: rotatetex=x slidetex=x
wont matter if direction x or z plane for slide.
Parameters for texture direction/rotation - for opposite direction and speed.

This would allow for very neat wave and foam effects among other things, I have already made such objects and its very effective, particularly when applied to a plane with noise which rotates in opposite direction to the texture rotation, but without this function in FPSC unable to implement it, looks a lot better than decals.
JZ28
Years of Service
User Offline
hi
i personally do not know how difficult this would be or if it is possible but i would love to see these commands, or commands like them, implemented into a modification (other than my old poor excuse of one) to make the AI more realistic and levels more dynamic. i hope this follows the correct guideline as i only skimmed through plys post. (sorry ply)

Command Name: Accuracy=X

Parameters: Non Playable characters would miss a percentage of there shots fired at you so instead of hitting you with 100 percent of their bullets they would miss lets say 10% of them and they would hit the wall behind them and leave a bullet hole.

and

Command Name: DetectEntity=X

Parameters: a non playable character can detect a static or dynamic entity named a certain name and be able to interact with it whether that would be throwing it or hiding behind it.

and lastly to go with that last one

Command Name: HideBehind=X

Command Type: Action

Parameters: If the non playable character is within X meters to an entity marked by the DetectEntity=X command than the character would have a X percent chance of hiding behind it.

this can also be used to make non playable characters do things like climb on top of crates, throw bricks, kick cans, and so much more!

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 02:19 Edited at: 11th Sep 2009 02:29
Request Name: Bullet Tracers

Setup: firestracers=1 (in gunspec)

Details: Bullet tracers are used so people can see where bullets are heading. It'd make the bullets you fire in FPSC look more realistic. Here is an example of bullet tracers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3kNH3_cytE. Also you could support different coloured tracers, so you could half sci fi lasers (tracercol=R,G,B). You could also have the tracer length (tracerlen=10) for example.

Request Name: Sprinting Animation

Setup: sprintanim = X,X (gunspec)

Details: When sprinting, it would play an animation different to the moving animation. This add's more realism. Watch this video and look at the animation while the player is sprinting to see what I mean. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWB-PPuA7DQ

Request Name: Weapon alternate texture.

Setup: alttex = X.dds

Details: Provides an alternate texture for a weapon in gunspec, and could switch to the alternate texture via a fpi command, weaponalttex=1.

Request Name: Weapon Melee.

Setup: meleeanim = X,X (gunspec)

Details: Inbuilt melee feature for weapons. When you press a key (this key can be set to any key via setup.ini), it would play the melee animation and any enemies close to you while you are meleeing would recieve damage.

Request Name: Freecam fly/spectator mode

Setup: Pressing a key in testgame would changing you to a flycam.

Details: This would make level designing easier, allowing for things like cutscenes to be filmed and for test level previews.
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 02:58
action idea

FLY=1

would allow the player to fly, (move in the exact direction of the mouse)

condition idea

IFFLY=1

would detect if the player is flying

_______________________set of commands/actions

action idea

SHOOTTARGET (no =1)

would make an entity rotate to the target, and shoot it, draining its health.

SHOOTTARGETACCURACY=0-500

controls the accuracy of the entity shooting.

condition idea

TARGETALIVE=1 or 0

detects if the target is alive

action idea

FINDCHARACTER

detects any dynamic entity with IsCharacter=1 in its .fpe file, more than 0 health, and auto targets it

___________________end of set

that set of commands/actions would make allies scripting a breeze, and its practical too

scripts would be as easy as:

:state=0,healthgreater=0:findcharacter,state=1
:state=1,targetalive=1:shoottarget,shoottargetaccuracy=20
:state=1,targetalive=0:state=0
:followplr=1

or something like it.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 03:06
Good idea Ply, I'll keep an eye on this thread. In fact I'm requesting an email when the thread has a reply.

-----------------------------------------------
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Request Name: Weapon Melee.

Setup: meleeanim = X,X (gunspec)

Details: Inbuilt melee feature for weapons. When you press a key (this key can be set to any key via setup.ini), it would play the melee animation and any enemies close to you while you are meleeing would recieve damage."

Actually this is very possible with some light scripting in Fenix Mod.

rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
REQUEST: Bloom

IDEAS: Bloom effects/water effects

SETUP: Would require difficult coding

DETAILS:Maybe like in EFX with a menu ingame.

REQUEST: Better tigger

IDEAS: Make it possible to spawn triggerzones with triggerzones easier

SETUP: Coding

Now in the W.I.P. forum: operation sunlight
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=149451&b=25
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow Plystire- cool thread

I'll have to think of some things but here's my initial reaction...

Request Name: Tutorials and samples

Take Ply's Mod / PB:UM for example. There are many many awesome things which can be done with the mod but not too much to help people get started. A lot of users learn better by modifying something existing to get their heads around things before proceeding to write something from scratch. I would love to see a few sample/tutorials for some things such as the inventory system you wrote some time ago. I'm sure there are also a couple other examples I can't think of right now but so often I see someone request something and be answered with, "You can already do that!" but without something to study, direction can be hard to find. Show people how to use the awesomeness already at their fingertips
NAACP gotme
Years of Service
User Offline
ohh boy ply do i have a post for you!

Request Name: Multiplayer Rank And Experience
Setup: UseXP = x , Pathtorankfile =, Rankx = x, Playerxp = x, DisplayXPas = (1 for bar, 2 for number) , Rankx = x, XPforkill = x,
Details: To activate this feature, you could set "UseXP =1" in setup.ini, if set to 1, the game would check the path you entered in "Pathtorankfile ="
(ex Pathtorankfile = files\gamecore\online\rank.txt) for a text file that would be hidden, and only the game could edit, the game would store Rankx = x in this folder (the x in rank x would decide what rank it is, and the x at the end would decide how much XP the player would need to be considered this rank) the Playerxp would have the number that "XPforkill" had assigned to it added to Playerxp, whatever rank that Playerxp is at or past, will be displayed as the players current rank (and could be called on by other commands. Finally, whatever "displayxpas =" is set to , will decide if the players XP will be displayed to him as (1: a bar on the bottom of the screen, or (2: a number on the screen somewhere.
;SETUP REQUESTS

Request Name:select weapon load out
Setup: selectloadout = x
Details: if selectloadout = 1 (in the setup.ini) then when the player presses a certain key in-game, a dropdown list of weapons would appear, once you picked a weapon, another list would let you select an attatchment, these changes would only take effect after th player dies (multiplayer only)

;GUNSPEC REQUESTS

Request Name: unlock weapon at certain rank
Setup: unlockatrank = x
Details:this would be placed in a guns gunspec, and would only allow you to spawn with this weapon if Playerxp is at or above the rank spcified

Request Name: set the weaons attatchments
Setup: attatchx =
Details: the value of x in the name would decide what attatchment this is, and the name preceeding the "=" would decide the name displayed in the list

Request Name:set weapon attatchments hud.x
Setup: attatchxhudmodel =
Details: the value of x in the variable would decide which attatchment your reffering to, and the path entered after the "=" would decide th HUD.x model that would be used

Request Name: Set weapon attatchments VWEAP
Setup: attatchxplayermodel =
Details:the value of X in the title would decide the attatchment you are referring to, the path after the "=" decides what VWEAP.x will be used

Request Name: set attatchements GUNSPEC
Setup: attatchxgunspec =
Details: the value of the x in the name would decide what attatchment your referring to the path after the "=" would decide what gunspec you would use, if not specified,the attatchment would use the current gunspec

Disclaimer: I realize how hard all of this would be to do, but i sure dont know how, and probably wont ever learn, but i wanted to get this out of my head (been bothering me since i saw this thread) Think of how much better multiplayer would be if all of this was implemented, oh, one more thing, more then 8 players would be a nice addition too, just saying

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
NAACP gotme
Years of Service
User Offline
got another one

Request Name: Auto combine, and poly reduce flagged segments
Setup: combandpolyreduc = 1
Details:if combandpolyreduc is set to one in a segments FPE, then during the buildgame, if a large group of these segments are combined (say 2x2 or more) then a scaled version of the segments mesh will fill the entire area, and the UV will be tiled
Disclaimer: would probably be EXTREMELY hard, or painstakingly long for you to make, but the engine would have proper poly reduction afterwards

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
lil marioman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2009 00:40 Edited at: 16th Sep 2009 00:41
Request Name: Built-in Scripts (read disclaimer)

Command Name: FOR EXAMPLE: healthbaron = x1 x2

Command Type: Action

Parameters: x1 = the file path to the health bar HUD.
x2 = the file path to the frame around the health bar.

Disclaimer: This would allow players to create a fully functioning health bar - in probably just one line of code. You should also add customizable parameters. Say this was a script:

It would be something anyone could do. But say you wanted to customize it even more:

I know there are some commands I didn't describe, but you should get the general gist of it.

Bottomline: Make commands that allow for 1 line scripts, but add extra commands to further customize it, so even newcomers at FPSC Scripting could easily getup and go with 1 line scripts.

Programming? Not my Forte. But THAT is!
-insert picture of a KIA Forte here-
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2009 01:32 Edited at: 16th Sep 2009 01:32
I plan on adding a lot of your ideas Lewis, But I'm still green at this, so we'll see =3

I'm the exception to every rule, that rule withstanding
veltro
User Banned
Posted: 16th Sep 2009 01:35
Request Name: CSG on overlay segments

Setup: CSGOverlay = 1

Details: when building the universe.dbo CSG will be performed on overlay segments too so that doors/windows can be 'opened' in overlayed walls. This would increase flexibility in building levels
read before you post
User Banned
Posted: 18th Sep 2009 03:32
idea:
1 bloom, and other visual effects, such as fog, blur, shake, etc
2 built in entity and character shaders
3 built in segmant shaders
4 combined with fenix, blue, horror, and cranox mod
5 flashlight (Cranox style)
6 built in segmant cutters
7 particles
8 better blood
9 player legs
10 more gore (flying guys, limbs, left5dead 2 style gore shine)
11 premade horror animations
12 ragdoll
13 water, puddles
14 more player scripts
15 slo mo
16 more trigger zone scripts (such as sound, distance, where your aimer is, flashlight, and other more advanced things)

17 character scripts based on those things
18 rain, clouds, storms, mist, ash, horror air,
19 animated huds
20 horror style
21 built in , ingame camera, for horror moments
22 zoom in trigger zones
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2009 03:40
@read before you post aka john schwarcz

You are banned from these forums, do not create any more duplicate accounts to get around that ban.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2009 23:22
How did you know Thraxas?

If I was ever given the opportunity to remove all the bad from the world, I wouldn't, because for there to be heroism, compassion and all that is good, there must also be all that is bad.
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2009 00:15 Edited at: 19th Sep 2009 00:15
Quote: "How did you know Thraxas?"

IP Address probably, and the post is in the same format as john schwarcz posts and he's asking for same stuff as john schwarcz asked for

Play Runescape? Add me: shadow leo1
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2009 00:26
Everything basically...

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2009 01:20
Quote: "You are banned from these forums"

Thankyou mister Thraxas

I have one, Ply.

Request name: More user-friendly muzzleflash system

Setup: Not exactly sure how this one would work. You could either remove the code that rotates the muzzleflash and replace it with code that creates a random flash out of five possible ones (this sounds better to me) or you could remove the rotate code and replace it with non-rotating muzzleflashes that are simple animated.

Details: Basically it's unrealistic having weapons that randomly spurt explosions from every angle from the barrel, and also enables tracers to the creative thinker.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2009 01:59
Yeh, you could have an image split 4 by 4, like a decal, and it randomly chooses which frame to play...

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 19th Sep 2009 02:54
Out of interest sake, Why did he get banned?
Or is it none of my buisness?

Request Name: Water

Setup: Enablewater=x, waterheight=x, waterspeed=x, Waterrefraction=x

Details: Water like x10

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) Bunny is now in my sig. Why? because bunnys da best and ya cant argue with that!
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2009 03:23
Quote: "Out of interest sake, Why did he get banned?"

Because he's dumber than a bag of hammers for continuously making request after request and also using dupe accounts.
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2009 13:24 Edited at: 19th Sep 2009 13:24
He's not dumb, he just doesn't realise when he's asking too many times.

Also nice mod ideas, are they available for any mod to add? Or for specific mods?
[EDIT]Nevermind, just saw bit in first post.

knxrb

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2009 00:17
Nice idea, Toasty. Would be a nice thing to have indeed.
(Also, let's refrain from making any low-blows on people that can't even reply. Actually... let's just keep this topic clean of any sort of attacks. )

knxrb, If someone wants to see an additional feature for a specific Mod, they can always put the Mod name before their request. But for the most part, this is just a nice collection of ideas for any modder to use. I figured it would be a good place to gather ideas for features.

The one and only,

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2009 02:42
Quote: "be a good place to gather ideas for features."

At that it is

I've seen many good ideas here.

Armageddon Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2009 04:18
Rain and other elemental effects-- HUD
Better Blood
Changable Ambiance For each Level
Dual Timer
Realistic Fog effect

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2009 06:00
Armageddon games, can you please elaborate on your entries? Include things like setup, usage, and benefits. It'll help very much.

The one and only,

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2009 21:14
Quote: "Rain and other elemental effects
Better Blood
Changable Ambiance For each Level"

These ones are already available.

knxrb

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2009 07:07
Now now, knxrb, let's not point to specific Mods here, please.

Many of the above requests can be accomplished in different Mods. But the list is still good for other Mods to get an idea of what people are looking for.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2009 13:37
Wait, schwarcz banned? Oh boy. *soaks it in*

I'm the exception to every rule, that rule withstanding
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2009 20:20
Quote: "Now now, knxrb, let's not point to specific Mods here, please. "

Okie dokie

knxrb

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Howabout adding the ingame test menu to X9? Or allies. X9 has the weapons but X10 has the AI, but combind them together....

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Getting Paralax and Full Screen Shader into FPSC.

Some sort of BUMP!

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2009 14:15 Edited at: 7th Oct 2009 14:16
Request name: Server.exe

Setup:

A selfrunning MP game.exe which takes no playerslot and loop the game over and over untill shut down.

Ingame commands for admins:
Restart_Server - Resets everything to default
Restart_Round - Restarts the round
Kick_"Playername" - Kicks a player from the server
Ban_"Playername" - Bans the players I.P. from the server

Settings when starting the server:
Server name - Sets the servers name
Playerslots - How many players who can join
Track players y/n - If yes, then writes a textfile with all player scores, if a player rejoin the scores will continue to count.

Details: This would be suitable for multiplayer, a server.exe that handle all information. Either from a user or by setting it up on a server.

The server would never shut down (only if done manually). It would loop so people can join whenever they feel, and no one has to host.

The server.exe would basicly be the same as the game.exe but with a few enhanchments for smother MP.

Disclaimer:
This would be perfect for people who develops mutiplayergames, they could put up a server and then let it run without having to play.
The server could also handle and sync information (coop )

Request name: Coop

Details:I have no idea how this would work. But working coop would be more worth than anything to many people.
By using a server (see above) it would be easier to handle all the actions ingame. keeping track of players, entities, maybe even dynamic entities.

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2009 19:54
Your constantly running server idea is good, I'll look into it.

knxrb

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2009 20:52 Edited at: 7th Oct 2009 20:54
my mod::
Request Name:Graphics implemented
Setup:implementGph=X
Details:implement graphics for more detailed entities and segments
depending onb the number of polys

Request name:dynamic sun
setup:setdynamicsun=X
details:a dynamic sun providing light and flares when you look at ti

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=157699&b=25
[X9]venom infection!
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2009 20:55
What sort of graphics are you talking about?

knxrb

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
im talking about more detailed segments giving Bullet holes more realistically made (EXAMPLE: when you shoot a wall some of its wall breaks from the wall and fall)things that make games realistic games also caracthers shaders more implemented

:::SANTINUS:::

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=157699&b=25
[X9]venom infection!
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2009 22:49 Edited at: 7th Oct 2009 22:50
Quote: "Your constantly running server idea is good, I'll look into it."

Well if dbp can utilize mysql that would be something to look into to help you.

Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2009 23:54
Quote: "Your constantly running server idea is good, I'll look into it."

Try searching for "Dedicated Server" if you want to see how those should function. If you already know that, sorry for being repetitive

Best,
Crusader2

Some people say that I'm crazy... And I agree.
USE PLY'S MOD!
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2009 20:34
Quote: "im talking about more detailed segments giving Bullet holes more realistically made (EXAMPLE: when you shoot a wall some of its wall breaks from the wall and fall)things that make games realistic games also caracthers shaders more implemented"

Character shaders are possible, but making destructible walls like that isn't even normal in commercial games...

Violence isn't the answer, it's the question...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 03:30:17
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 03:30:17