Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / resolution/font/hud problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 03:41
Okay, I have a brand new PC now after the old one more or less burned out (dont ask for details O_o) including a Geforce 9600GSO.

The screen resolution that works best now on my monitor(still the old one)is 1650x1050. I couldnt say if its the same as I had before though.

Now running ANY FPSC game, be it my own stuff or p.e the Ultimate entries, I discovered the games working fine but the text huds look extremly pixelish/low-res including menu huds, health, ammo etc. On my old PC everything looked ok and I have allready tried games like Oblivion, Stalker or Bioshock out on my new machine and everything looks splendid (Bioshock is very inspirational btw...)

Search didnt turn up anything, could anybody give me a hint what I can do? I am sure most of you still have a better graphics card and higher resolution than me

edit: dxdiag says everything is ok and the Geforce driver is up to date.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 03:53 Edited at: 11th Sep 2009 04:15
Quote: "Now running ANY FPSC game, be it my own stuff or p.e the Ultimate entries, I discovered the games working fine but the text huds look extremly pixelish/low-res including menu huds, health, ammo etc. On my old PC everything looked ok and I have allready tried games like Oblivion, Stalker or Bioshock out on my new machine and everything looks splendid (Bioshock is very inspirational btw...)"

Try changing/adding height= and width= the engine takes the screen resolution and divides the number by something (can't remember) to do the huds.

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 05:19
Thanks for the tip @HK

It might solve the problem of single games but I still look for a general solution. As long as this is no problem that everybody with a resolution above 1280x1024 has, its got something to do with my settings.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2009 01:48 Edited at: 13th Sep 2009 01:58
Hi Storyteller.

Welcome to the club. I own a 1400x900 monitor and whenever I work in FPSC my tests/menu screen etc all look pixelated. It's something quite a few of us suffer from.

Go into your setup.ini and scroll down to GAMEDEBUG

Where you see "width" and "height" change the values to your native resolution. Then open up FPSC and see if you don't get an error message. For me, FPSC decides to stop working when I do this and I somehow think it'll do the same when you try changing the values yourself - But you never know!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 01:23:56
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 01:23:56