Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / A Few quick questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 04:22
I just made my first game then I realized I can't add my own custom loading screens, Nor title, or game over screens because everything is in .fpi Can I convert a jpeg to .fpi or do I need to find another way to make my loading screens and such?

Newb Game creator
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I just made my first game then I realized I can't add my own custom loading screens, Nor title, or game over screens because everything is in .fpi Can I convert a jpeg to .fpi or do I need to find another way to make my loading screens and such?"

In the editor go to File>Build Game>Level Settings> then click edit on the "Title Page" for the title page hud and click edit on "Global Script" to change things such as the loading screen.

InuVash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 04:35
I already know that.. the files are in .fpi and I don't know what to do from there.. I do have Adobe photoshop and Gimp but if I make my buttons and backgrounds it's going to be a jpeg which isn't going to work if the file has to be .fpi, I want mine to work.

Newb Game creator
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I already know that.. the files are in .fpi and I don't know what to do from there.. I do have Adobe photoshop and Gimp but if I make my buttons and backgrounds it's going to be a jpeg which isn't going to work if the file has to be .fpi, I want mine to work."

.fpi is fpsc scripting format not a picture format.

InuVash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 04:58
Well as default the game screens are .fpi, is there a way I can make my own game screens? Another question, how do I add a HUD?

Newb Game creator
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 05:23 Edited at: 11th Sep 2009 05:24
Quote: "I already know that.. the files are in .fpi and I don't know what to do from there.. I do have Adobe photoshop and Gimp but if I make my buttons and backgrounds it's going to be a jpeg which isn't going to work if the file has to be .fpi, I want mine to work.
"

.fpi is not an image format as Hockeykid already mentioned, and you cannot open it with GIMP.

This is what the title .fpi looks like opened in notepad:

You need to be looking at these:

Quote: "hudimage=languagebankenglishgamecorebackdropsbasicnewgame.tga"

Quote: "backdrop=gamecorebackdropsBasicbackground.tga"

newgame.tga and background.tga are the image files. Create your own .jpeg, .tga, .dds images (doesn't matter), and rename the paths.

Kravenwolf

InuVash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 05:46
Thank you! That's all I wanted to know.. can I add a hud for health in an online multiplayer game?

Newb Game creator
InuVash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 06:09
I now have a new question, why does it say.tga but when I go to the actual file it's .DDS? Will it still work if I add an jpeg image there instead of a .DDS or .tga?

Newb Game creator
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 14:33
Unhelpful Titles

Please do not simply write "Noob Question", "I am a newb", "One Noobie Question", "A question", "Please help", "This isn't working" or anything similar as the title of your post. We have a search facility, and meaningless titles do not help others find answers to their questions. It will also help you to get quicker responses if people have an idea of your thread content.

Talairina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 15:29
.dds, .tga and jpeg are some of a few supported file formats. So yes you can use .jpg. There is a thread with more detail's but I can't seem to find at the moment. Have search for it should you need more details.
InuVash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2009 02:45
Thank all of you so much my multiplayer game is now out and it's fine but has a few bugs still need fixing but I have 2 more questions, how do I add a sky? my friend made me one but I don't know how to put it in my game and my next question is I downloaded a health HUD, how do I add it to my multiplayer game?

Newb Game creator
Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2009 21:21
You can change the sky by going Build Game> Global Script > Sky

-JS

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 01:26:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 01:26:09