Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / BlitzTerrain coming for DarkGDK!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 11:53
WIP Thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=145404&b=8

Just announcing that the next version of blitzterrain will include binaries which work with DarkGDK.

BlitzTerrain is a free LOD Terrain plugin currently only available for DBPro. It massively improves the rendering speed of terrains. Check the WIP thread (http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=145404&b=8) for more derails.

Here is an early release of the latest version.

includes:
DBPro Demo. With executable, media and source code.
DarkGDK Demo. With executable, media and source code.
Early DBPro DLL. Unfinished and buggy. Only use if you want to recompile the demo.
Early DarkGDK LIB and headers. Unfinished and buggy. Only use if you want to recompile the demo.
Links to help files and forums.

https://forumfiles.thegamecreators.com/download/1851239

Please note that this is a complete ground up rewrite of the previous version. There is no LOD or frustum culling yet. This demo is only meant to show that it is all working so far.

Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 12:13
Great news no doubt!
I wish I were on the stage of using this. Until then, I add this thread to my favourites
Just keep on like that, you are doing a great job
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 13:04
Excellent work kaedroho !!

Ive been following your plugin for awhile in it's WIP thread, its good to see you got the problems sorted and have it working. I'll also be adding this thread to my fav's lol

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 21:03
Thanks for the nice responses!

I'm working on LOD and frustum culling right now!

TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 22:40
Believe or not, strangely I was pondering over wether or not you were going to port BlitzTerrain over DGDK, and amazingly you post this today! Now if I could only ponder over the winning PowerBall lotto numbers - hehe. Will the licensing terms be equivalent to the DBPro version. Will you offer a group license?

Trapped inside the DGDK Open Source Project.
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 22:44 Edited at: 11th Sep 2009 22:48
What's in the download is what you can do with what you wish. Commercial or non commercial, I don't mind. If you make anything good with it, then please email me!

Just don't edit it and say its your own, I worked hard on BlitzTerrain.

The plugin is completely free, and always will be. I'm going to get to work on some software that allows you to make big terrains, streamed terrains and spherical terrains. This will cost a little money.

Todd Riggins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2009 02:29
Saaawwweeeeet!

I'm gonna be all over this once I get my gui dll back in order.

So with streamed terrains and spherical terrains, I can use them together and make a planet size game? This sounds exicting.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 12:29:55
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 12:29:55