Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / how do I cut a hole through the wall?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2009 20:47 Edited at: 13th Sep 2009 20:49
to put in a door. and also, how come most of the doors don't fit into hallway holes? Oh, and how do i set it so if i kill a guy, the level ends? sorry for all the questions, but FPSCF runs so slow, i just dont have the time to test this stuff.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) so it begins...
Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2009 21:25 Edited at: 13th Sep 2009 21:27
All of these answers can be found in the FPSC Manual that came with the program. It can be found in All Programs > The GameCreators > FPS Creator.

Now, first of all doors should just cut their own hole in a wall when you put them in there; I know not all walls can have holes cut threw them, but any segments in the SciFi and WW2 Rooms category can have holes cut threw them when a door is placed in their walls.

Quote: "how come most of the doors don't fit into hallway holes?"

If you're meaning, when you place a door, there is space between the door frames and the other walls along the side, the reason is once you place a door in a wall, you need to then select whatever room segment you were using, again, and hit M. This will allow you now to paint a segment wall, instead of the whole segment. Where your door is, paint the wall again, and it will fill in those holes around the door frames, leaving the hole for the door though.

To set up a character so that you win the level upon his death, right-click the character and open up his list of properties. You'll find, near the bottom, a field called IsObjective. If you set that to 1, it'll end the level when you kill him now.

And if FPSC is running slowly, it could be your PC specs, but also if you're looking for a way to up your frame rate during game, you might be interested in something like Fenix Mod. Aside from adding a lot of great things to FPSC, it also helps increase your FPS Level. So games will run smoother. Link below -

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=155710&b=21

Hope this helped man; if you meant something else, and you have a different problem, I'd suggest just looking over the FPSC Manual, but if you still can't figure something out, I'd be willing to try and help out again.

Cheers

Ich will in Beifall untergehen.
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2009 21:29
To put a hole in a wall the easy way then go and buy holez or use cutter , I would suplie a link to cutter but fpsc-files is down

My FPSC Fansite - http://fpsc.freephpbb3.com/index.php
Windows Vista,ATI Readon HD 4870,AMD Athlon 7750 64 Dual Core,4GB ram
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2009 21:30
Quote: "how come most of the doors don't fit into hallway holes"

You cant use entitie doors for that

My FPSC Fansite - http://fpsc.freephpbb3.com/index.php
Windows Vista,ATI Readon HD 4870,AMD Athlon 7750 64 Dual Core,4GB ram
Field meister_Gilmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2009 22:28
thanks for the help guys. why i have this up, how do i change the texture for a wall? Like, Large Wall comes out white.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) so it begins...
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2009 07:18
Quote: "To put a hole in a wall the easy way then go and buy holez or use cutter , I would supply a link to cutter but fpsc-files is down"

Or look how those two did it and make your own if you need specific shapes.

Quote: "thanks for the help guys. why i have this up, how do i change the texture for a wall? Like, Large Wall comes out white."

I recommend looking into one of the Media Importers for FPSC, they let you pick what you want to make and add a texture to it, then do all the work for you.(e.g. Signs, not too sure about the more recent software.)

Also, remember that for some reason walls that are not placed like room segments, but as separate walls often have issues with letting the CSG cut holes in it, thus leaving a door that's not going through the wall at all, but is just pasted on it.

EDP Map Editor[2D]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 01:23:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 01:23:09