Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Dark GDK and MSVC++ 2010?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have the version of Dark GDK that came with Dark Game Studio. I also have Microsoft Visual Studio 2010. Will these 2 work with eachother, and if so, is there a guide or anything I can look at on how to get them to work?

Thank you.
Holy Cow Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2009 19:37
@DarkJohn20:
To use Dark GDK with VS 2010, you have to set the C++ directories EACH TIME you create a new project to use the DGDK with. You do this by right-clicking on the project, and finding the C++ directories, then browse to the appropriate directories for libs and includes. If you can set it (DGDK) up manually with 2008, then the same principle applies to 2010, only you have to do it every time you create a new DGDK project for it to compile correctly. I decided not to use VS 2010 due to this fact myself, I like the ease of use of 2008 better. Of course, the DarkGDK.Net will work the same with VS 2010 without any special effort on your part, except for copying the template files into the right places. Hope this helps.

"The Dark Side Clouds our vision...Only the Dark Lord of the Sith knows of our weakness. If informed the Senate is, multiply our enemies will." Master Yoda, Episode II.
SFCBias
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2009 07:31
Before i reinstalled 2008 i tried to use the VC++2010 version and in my opinion is not worth all the effort you'll have to put in just to get the engine running. such as the things holy cow said it IS possible but you'll have to do it manually until there is an installer.
BearCDP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2009 00:40
What's involved in a manual setup besides pointing to the Include and Lib directories for DarkGDK and DXSDK? You have to do this anyway on Windows 7.
SFCBias
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2009 06:22
by manual setup i mean to actually have the wizards and such appear in the new proj menu and really im sure there's more to it but i couldn't tell you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 12:27:54
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 12:27:54