Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / C++ DGK: Darknet: ? Release and Debug Versions - Compile Errors

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2009 07:54
Just a quick question. I got Darknet working on release mode, but debug gets me a number of errors. I am trying to track down a memory leak I created.

This is what I get in the compiling process

Other than I am starting to get the handle on it.

There are many answers but just one question" ~ Jerilith the Mad
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2009 08:25
You need to change "Code Generation" from "Multi-Threaded Debug" to "Multi-Threaded" and make sure that the 3 libs : libcmtd, msvcrt, atls are being ignored by the linker.

Good luck, im glad to see you are getting a handle on it

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
Timidon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2009 11:14
That seamed to work. I can now access DEBUG, mode. would helped about a hour ago (had to start plugging in manual stops ). And thanks. It is time for bed. I found my memory leak or to say, trying to access a CLASS that did not exists (CRASH AND BURN)

Quote: "Good luck, im glad to see you are getting a handle on it"

Not to bad, been tearing apart cube world demo for the last week, rebuilding it adding more to it. I working on a client/server host and that had a working demo that could be ripped, shredded and rebuilt. Now I am just separating the two parts and figuring out what should the server/host need to do and what should the client do.

Well good night catch you all later.

Michael P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2009 13:04 Edited at: 14th Sep 2009 13:05
You can use DarkNet in multi-threaded debug mode. A lib that is not automatically installed comes with DarkNet called MikeNetDebug.lib.

TGC don't use my updated installer for some reason, but if you want to install it with minimum of hassle you can download it. Put MikeNetDebug in CPP/Lib folder and run the exe.

However, I don't think DGDK can be used in multi-threaded debug mode.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Timidon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2009 20:10
Yes, I have access to it. I tried to add it, but the above settings where off and caused all sort of link errors (note that was prior to writing this message). I will have to poke at it later.

I do like the Darknet library, I think I understand how it works with Cube World. Like any library, learning the behavior of the code set is important. I like the Cube World demo, It creates a quick mufti-player environment.

The only thing I think that could be added to cube world would be a quick message system (or a message system demo). Maybe even I will write one up when I figure it out. I am getting ready to attempt to send my own packets other than the demo ones, just as soon as I get my models working again.
Later.

Isocadia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2009 09:58 Edited at: 19th Sep 2009 14:42
NVM, fixed my problem.

Isocadia

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 12:34:49
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 12:34:49