Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How do you use door entities

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Not trying to be dense or anything. But can somone give me an idea on how to use the door \"entities\" as opposed to the door segments? They seem somewhat useless even though they are functional. They don\'t cut a hole in the wall and seem too small for between wall segments. Thanks.
Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2009 03:37
You have to use the door segments, don't worry, they work fine and punch a hole in the wall for you.

Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2009 03:42
Well, you have to use the door segments in order to cut into the walls. But, you can right-click on the door inside the cutout, and delete it, and then use the door entities to create half-open doors, or doors that have been busted off of their hinges.

Kravenwolf

dwalther2
Years of Service
User Offline
ok I see now what the application would be. Thanks very much for that info. Did'nt know about the right click trick. Probably should be mentioned in the manual (at leaset I did't see any reference to it). Makes sense now.
AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2009 04:33
Oh! So thats how you do it! Thanks Kravenwolf!
-Adrian

I love Taylor Swift. She's awesome.
Hey guys! Help me! Join the creative design forums! http://creativedesign.candorweb.com/index.php
Dustov
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks dwalther2 for the question and Kravenwolf for the answer. I've wondered about that myself.
dwalther2
Years of Service
User Offline
np...been thinking about it for a while and tried different things that did'nt look too good. So the help and kudos are appreciated.
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2009 00:08
Quote: "Well, you have to use the door segments in order to cut into the walls. But, you can right-click on the door inside the cutout, and delete it, and then use the door entities to create half-open doors, or doors that have been busted off of their hinges."

wow , thx Kravenwolf for that info

We all learn somthing every day
muhahaha

My FPSC Fansite - http://fpsc.freephpbb3.com/index.php
Windows Vista,ATI Readon HD 4870,AMD Athlon 7750 64 Dual Core,4GB ram
sciguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, the doors that are placed automatically in pre-fabbed rooms do not fit properly when they open up to a passageway. I found the best solution for this is to use a door with a frame, as the frame fills in the space between the door and the walls

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 01:24:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 01:24:09