Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / sequence of actions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like to pan the camera from 3rd person, onto the gun, and then fade in the sprite (or slide it in from the bottom of the screen).

is there a way to make a sequence of actions when shift is pressed? normal view ->to the gun from over the shoulder -> then fade the sprite in

this is what i have so far, plz help me
_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2009 13:40
you could have something like a time-variable that in increases while the key is pressed.
then you check this variable against certain values and perform actions when you want to...
some thing like this: (pseudo-code)

To improve this you would increase the 'time' variable by a certain time-constant to make it perform at the same speed on any system...
Hope this helps understand timed actions!

They say it's better to burn out, than it is to fade away...
thm120
Years of Service
User Offline
ok this code is perfect, now i made a little sequence but i ran into an issue, i cant get the camera to move around the character and look at the gun before i bring in the crosshairs
_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2009 21:54
maybe you could dbPointObject the camera at the guns position and move towards it each step...

They say it's better to burn out, than it is to fade away...
thm120
Years of Service
User Offline
darn, my camera doesnt really have a number, is possible to just create a new camera and use that for just this operation then return to the main camera after the sequence is over?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 14:39:17
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 14:39:17