Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DGDK 2 Hour Game Making Comp!!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2009 17:12 Edited at: 15th Sep 2009 17:17
I think it's a good idea... as it would be good to see what you guys can create in just a matter of 2 hours.

The theme the game MUST be on is, "Disappointment"!

Tip: Just think simple, think of something that disappoints you when doing an activity.

Comp End Date: 15th of October '09

Rules:

The game must be related to the theme given
Game must be made within 2 hours
Can be 3d or 2d
Any plugin is fine to use!
Thinking of ideas or how you will make your game doesn't count to the time limit.

15min overtime is acceptable, but anything over that is not allowed.
Please don't cheat on time it will not be fair for those who tried hard.
Using large code snipits are not allowed.

Prize: Pride and Being Awesome. I would give a actual prize but I have no money

Submission and Judging:
Just post it in this thread and provide a download link. Plus it's recommended that you post a screenshot of the game.

The Judging will be done through a Poll. When the end date is reached just post which one you liked. You can only vote once and only one game.

You can submit MORE than one game! Feel free to spam games that you have created in 2 hours or less.

Good Luck!
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2009 17:59
game attached

Attachments

Login to view attachments
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
That was a great game.
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2009 23:24
indeed

Bran flakes91093
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2009 23:41 Edited at: 15th Sep 2009 23:42
Quote: "Comp End Date: 15th of October '09"

Quote: "Game must be made within 2 hours"

If someone did enter how would you know that it only took 2 hours, since you are giving them a month?

I could just hand you any game I made and say it was made in 2 hours and 15 minutes, and there would be no proof that it isn't true.

@Hassan
I like your creative use of blue text. Three thumbs up.

Your_Health = (My_Mood == HAPPY) ? 100 : NULL;
AFishStudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2009 00:29
Quote: "If someone did enter how would you know that it only took 2 hours, since you are giving them a month?"

Fair point, but I'm giving you guys a month so everyone has a chance to enter at one point in there busy lives.

Quote: "I could just hand you any game I made and say it was made in 2 hours and 15 minutes, and there would be no proof that it isn't true."

You may lie, but the quality of work cannot. It will be very noticeable if the game created surpass what anyone can do within 2 hours.
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2009 00:38
A better way to plan this would be...
Make a thread informing everyone that a competition for 2 hours or whatever is going to be held on a certain date and time. Tell them little or minimum information, such as what it should be coded in. Nothing specific to the game that can be made, but specific to the tools you need. On the day and exact minute it starts, post a thread with rules, game genre, etc. and the specific deadline (2 hours or whatever). Except entries only before the deadline, and begin judging them once the entry thread is closed after the deadline.

This way, you'll have more people participating, and no way of cheating because there's no way they can know something like the 'disappointment' theme of the game until you post it right when the competition starts.

AFishStudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2009 01:14 Edited at: 16th Sep 2009 01:30
@ Xenocythe

Your plan is awesome if this was an actual competition with an actual prize. Since there is none I assume that not many people will bother to enter. The fact of the matter is I just want to see and others to see what can be made in just a short time frame. I made this into a comp to make it more fun rather than just posting a thread saying "Make a game in 2 hours please". I hope you and others understand where I'm coming from.

I guess this is a new thing to the forums so it takes a while for people to understand. This is nothing new by the way and have been done before in other forums in which the competition lasts for a ~2 weeks or maybe longer reference. This is what inspired me to do one here on DGDK rather than GameMaker.

Okay so on to other news lol

Here is my entry --->> RACE!

Done in 2 hours and ~10mins

It's disappointing, stupid, and annoying. Tell me what you think?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2009 02:10
god damn it couldnt stop laughing, thats so damn annoying, the music is the best part haha

AFishStudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2009 02:17
Quote: "god damn it couldnt stop laughing, thats so damn annoying, the music is the best part haha "

Glad you liked it.

Yours is great too! "Error in the game" LOL I got so bummed
AFishStudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2009 13:57 Edited at: 17th Sep 2009 02:58
Post Deleted (Didn't like the game I made)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 12:39:23
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 12:39:23