Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC gunfighting expiriment

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2009 03:34
heres a list of thing that make other games enemies so satisfying and other games gunfights fun and action packed

got a game/ addition you want to submit?

go ahead, tell me.

WHAT MAKES VIDEO GAME GUNFIGHTING FUN?

Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Vegas 2:

notes:

enemies fell right down when shot- guns felt powerful 4
enemies hit just enough to seem dangerous, but not enough to be unfair 3
enemies yelled 3
there were lot's of particles 1
good music 4
good animations 2
the enemies were plentiful 2

Call of Duty 4: modern warfare

notes:

bullet tracers 2
flinching 2
intense pain effects 3
enemies have low health and die quickly 4
enemies make sound 3
enemies use explosives. 1

Grand Theft Auto 4

notes:

gun power to kill lacks, but produces realistic, physics based flinching anims 1
enemies take cover, and are smart 2
bullet impact and whiz by sounds. 2
lots of dynamic entities. 3

Saints Row 2

notes:

screenshake when shooting. 3
enemies and you produce shell casings 1
enemies have actual shooting animations 2
good blood 3
guns fire fast 4
gunfighting lasts seemingly forever due to large # of enemies 2
enemies are dumb, making them easy and fun to kill 4
enemies get shot in the balls, and flinch hard lol2

key: 4= possible and easy
3= possible
2= possible but hard
1= impossible
DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2009 03:52
Well, you could make custom scripts and animations for those, but i found Wolfenstein enemies to be some of the coolest.

Not because of their AI, but because of how they die.

If every millisecond in your life was 10 problems in the world, you'd be immortal
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2009 05:31
yeah, a lot is how they react to you.

in fpsc, blood comes out. I actually want to REMOVE the blood because it looks so bad.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2009 06:24
I understand the wishful thinking; but

you cannot compare FPSC with a multi-million dollar company that spends thousands of dollars on creating their games. If you enjoy playing games by these companies that's great. Just don't expect to create a game that is like them. This is not what FPSC was designed to do.

But if you enjoy learning how to create games, then FPSC is a great way of doing it. Also, I still believe that you can create a game that is fun and interesting to play. However, with FPSC you have to concentrate on things other than "realism."

If all you want to do is play games then play games and enjoy their continued realism if that is what you want.

My oldest Grandson is not interested in making a game and he is not particularly interest in playing the games I have created because he is used to the type of games mentioned here. What is interesting is that when I get him to try the first level, when the going gets tough he would rather quit. My games are probably tougher than the games he plays and he would rather have a game where he just shoots through a bunch of enemy characters. That's fine.

His younger brother, however, is more of a thinker and would rather have to think things through to get from point A to point B. Those are more of the kind of games I have developed.

So, the bottom line is he plays his type of games and enjoys mine and the older one plays his type of games and ignores mine. We are all different.

And . . . the comparisons are moot and what makes one game better than another is in the eye of the beholder. Unfortunately, there are too many who think they can get FPSC and then create another Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto.

BTW, Grand Theft Auto did not achieve the awards a lot of people thought it would get.

***** He now gets down off of his soapbox *****

-----------------------------------------------
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2009 21:43
well, I never said that FPSC could make those games, but a lot of things that are included in the gunfights of multi million dollar games, with a lot of time put into an FPSC game, worked on by a team- using a good mod- I have no doubt that It could perform better than a leading PS2 title. maybe along the lines of a 007 game- better graphics, but about the same gameplay.

BUT- say we spent most of the time on these gunfights, making them so hollywood style that it was a game your grandson would want to play (he's the majority of the FPS game market) then It may even sell as well as any bargain bin PS2 game.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 01:21:24
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 01:21:24