Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Evolved's Toon shader: Some objects not textured

Author
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2009 13:31
Here is a quick screenshot:

I am using Evolved's toon shader as attached.

For some reason some of my objects come in not textured even though I am using the same piece of code to load them/texture/fx etc.

It might be the objects but I have tried re-exporting the files from scratch using the same settings, even tried new file formats (X & 3DS).

Is there some reason why some objects might not work with this shader when others do?

Hopefully I'm not the first person with this problem!

Thanks for reading...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2009 13:31
Here is one of the objects that works!

Attachments

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2009 13:39
Here is one that doesn't

...and my loading code...
I start by loading the object (this stays hidden):

Then I clone the object as shown here:

...and finally the object is placed:

Attachments

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2009 13:40
Oh, and the shade.bmp I am using...

Attachments

Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2009 00:22 Edited at: 20th Sep 2009 00:25
I can't help but asking the obvious questions:
1) Did you include the files in the same directory?

2) If you're loading them in your game: are you sure you spelled the names correctly and you're searching in the correct directory?

You see, DBP doesn't report an error anymore with a non-existing image filename. It just makes a completely black and transparent image and runs like the image exists.
Try pasting the texture on your screen (make sure transparency is set to 0 too): if you see a black screen, or you can't see anything at all => Bingo!
[edit] Actually it's a long shot. Because if this would be the case, normally your objects would be black...

Sven B

[edit] Why is this in the DLL board?

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2009 11:36 Edited at: 21st Sep 2009 11:57
@Sven B, thanks for the suggestions but I have been working on this and I can now expand on the problem a little.

I changed some of the objects to DBP primitives to check if it was just the object or how it was created/cloned/inserted and I get the same problem occuring slightly more randomly now: When I insert an object it appears textured sometimes and not at other times (the same object). I can also make all of the textures work on all of the objects but not every time...

EDIT:It shouldn't be in the DLL board sorry! My sleep deprived brain I'm afraid (if you don't have kids then keep it that way)!!

I think it is a problem with Evolved's shader (I could be wrong) as everything was working fine until I applied it, you can try the working demo here:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=157694&b=8

EDIT: I'll re-open this in DBP board. Could a moderator close this thread or something!?
New thread:http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=158113&b=1&p=0

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 09:40:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 09:40:11