Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Entry Point not found, various crashing, etc. fixes and question?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I had all these errors due to updating DBP but not the drivers, then eventually finding the driver link at the bottom of the page without needing to select my card.

So yes, you can use ATI cards, the physX drivers are below the selection thingy.

Anyway, to run the banner demo, I have to copy DarkPhysics.dll, NxCooking.dll, and NxCharacter.dll to the program's directory. I know DBP's supposed to auto pack most of this from its plugin directory, is something weird going on?

I'm thinking it's either the way we have to do it, or the editor isn't including things properly.

I know the license is extremely exclusive on what you can do with the DLL, so maybe it can't be packed into the EXE's by even TGC?

This is very annoying, as now when you distribute a game, you have to say "Oh by the way, go to this website. Ok, now go into My Computer and locate these DLL's. Now hit copy and find your game..."

Is this why N3wton wrote the workaround? Am I off on this somewhere?

It's fine for us, but if we want to distribute anything, free even, this can't be "the way" to do it

Signed
------
Duke E
Years of Service
User Offline
O.k i began to write a reply trying to sort out your post. Seems to be at least three questions mixed in and it is somewhat incoherent, so i just shoot in the dark here ...

-Yes you can use any semi modern graphics card, i have used PhysX with really simple built in old ATI cards, Intel seems to be a problem though.

- No DBP dll's need to be copied manually, all are unpacked from the Exe to a temp dir automatically.
If you have problems with your installation look trough the last pages on this board, HowDo posted checklists on what has to be done and has to be installed in several of them.

- PhysX drivers has to be installed separately. Downloaded from NVidias site if you have a ATI/Whatever card. PhysX are included in the recent NVidia graphics drivers though for modern cards (or installed from your code with N3wtons nice hack, if you have a noncommercial program due to license issues.. pending).

Regards
feiting shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2009 07:04 Edited at: 20th Sep 2009 07:10
Ok, I posted a fix, which is why "fix" is in the title. That should clear your confusion. I also posted it so others searching for "Entry point not found" can find something. This is a common problem with no instructions anywhere on the net on how to fix it.

I've compiled the demo's and they don't run without me manually putting those DLL's into the folder. I will see HowDo's list though, thanks. If it fixes it I'll let you know. If not, will let you know too.

The first sentence in my post left out "on NVidia's website", I was half asleep and too tired to fix that. But your last piece of advice is my first instruction in the post. I posted what I did because if you don't have an NVidia card, you'll open up a combo selection box that pretty much says "Oh not here, you need an NVidia card"... it took me a by-chance glancing downward to notice those drivers by themself.

Now to see HowDo's thingy.

Thanks for the response though.

Edit: You mean this? http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=136151&b=30 'cause it's already outdated. I got everything working, I just have to do that DLL copy to exe folder before it runs. It's ridiculous, 'cause you can't package that with your game that way. So you have to tell the end user to copy those folders, AND install the drivers, along with your game.

Signed
------

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 02:35:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 02:35:39