Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Dark Physics problem: fails to load existing DLLs

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm having some trouble with Dark Physics (updated, with the newest DBPro release). Whenever I try to compile and run any program that makes use of the plug-in, I get the following error messages:

Quote: "This application has failed to start because PhysXLoader.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Quote: "Failed to load DLL (2: DarkPhysics.dll)"

Both of these files are in my "Compiler/plugins-licensed" folder, where the installation put them. Where else might DBPro be looking for them? Has anyone else run into this issue?
Duke E
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2009 04:14 Edited at: 19th Sep 2009 04:16
Probably something that is not installed correctly.

Check the posts in this board concerning similar issues.
HowDo posted a great checklist is several of them very recently.

This one sticks out:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=157500&b=30

Regards
FoX_MoLdY
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Copying the above drivers - and the other drivers DBPro asked for - to system32, plus an update of DirectX, seemed to get me closer to a solution. At this point the sample program compiles successfully and starts running before sending me to NVIDIA's site to download drivers. I'm currently downloading some drivers (from HowDo's checklist) which will hopefully get me going. Thanks for the tip!
FoX_MoLdY
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
It seems to be working now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 18:44:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 18:44:07