Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Start Screen?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there a way to have a Start Screen set up? Like, an initial menu screen before you start Game? I'm asking this, in regards to a Single Player Map.

Q: Excuse me? WTF are you doing?
A: Rawr Rawr I'm a dinosaur
Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2009 09:20
Like a splash screen where it shows your logo?

or do you mean like a menu because when you build the game theres already a menu...

Talairina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2009 21:38
Splash screen is doable via editing the titlepage.fpi for your game and adding in the image to load first before setting up the rest of the menu. As for the menu itself, the same script mentioned above creates and controls the main menu. You can add and remove buttons, images etc from that script.
Insane Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2009 22:58
If you go to the FPS-free website, and scroll through there downloads there is a free application called "game cover v2", Written in dark basic, Its a front cover for your games, Which directly loads the game after having shown video and images, This would suit your needs i believe, And is customizable via the settings file packaged with the application.

Hope i could help

Programming, Design and common sense.
Lckychrms
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry, I guess I should have specified more clearly. I'm wanting to create a game where the player can choose between a few characters to play as. If this is not possible, I'll have to use a different engine, but I really like this one so far and don't want to have to do that.

Q: Excuse me? WTF are you doing?
A: Rawr Rawr I'm a dinosaur
Insane Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2009 11:56
Im sure it would be with scripting, But how to do this im not sure, My scripter does all of that.

Programming, Design and common sense.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 01:22:06
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 01:22:06