Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / dark shader for vista

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2009 17:58
I am running vista 64 bit and I come in a problem with shaderdate.lib

I get the shaderdata.lib(shaderdata.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol

Which lib do I include in c++
I try to include shaderdata.lib under properties in the link additional properties, and it still don't work.
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2009 04:44 Edited at: 25th Sep 2009 04:49
this is what dark shader lib says i have unresolve external symbol

i tried to use these dlls that IanM provided http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=138641&b=22
and I am not sure if this what i need to do to fix this. I found dlls like that and I replaced them but still didn't work, and plus I wasn't using the dlls in my program I think. Do I place these dlls some where else.
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2009 07:02
Which DLL's do you mean ? both Sparky's Collision and ShaderData are static libraries(.lib) in their GDK versions, I had a look at that thread and someone suggested you may be able to wrap one of the libs in a DLL that you create yourself, but that wont solve the problem I dont think. If you did find any DLL's for those, they will be for DarkBasic Pro and wont work with DarkGDK.

The errors you are getting mean that you are calling those functions, but they are not being found in the library(they have a forward decleration in a header, but no corresponding body in the library)

Those 3 commands specifically though, I believe I have seen in the GDK headers :

They are forward declerations in the DarkSDKCore.h header file in DarkGDK 7.3/7.4 (im not sure about other versions), I havent used them though so I cant help you in their usage or to tell you if they are broken or not...

They key thing here is that those decs are in the GDK HEADER not the ShaderData(Dark Shader) header in DarkGDK 7.3/7.4.

Perhaps if you can post your source it will be easier to see where you are trying to get those commands from.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2009 17:56
i am currently at work so I try to do what you said. Or change to windows 7 which I here is less buggy, and reinstall every thing. If I can't get it to work.
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2009 19:28 Edited at: 25th Sep 2009 19:29
I guess know I dont get those errors thx. DarkSDKCore.h header file in DarkGDK 7.3/7.4. I think did it did the trick. I think I play around with it to see if other things are wrong but it looks good. I looked at my links again and i linked to darkgdk old version and darkgdk 7.3/7.4. So I removed the other one. I had So meny links to different places that I didn't consider this.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 14:45:17
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 14:45:17