Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / unUnhandled exception at 0x00fc41aa in ... Access violation reading location 0x00000000.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i have been debuging a game, and when i hit this line of code:

i get that runtime error, the code refrences these:

widthTotal and heightTotal both equal 1, as they should, according to the debugger. i dont know what this error means, execept "there is nothing here to read", and i dont know how to fix it.

-to the optimist, the glass is half full. to the pessimist, it is half empty, to the engineer, it is twice as big as it needs to be.
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2009 08:38
Has your program called dbSync() at least once before the getimage call ? You need to do that, so that GDK can manage its front/back buffers and copy the data from the backbuffer to the frontbuffer where dbGetImage can grab it.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
bloodmage2
Years of Service
User Offline
yes, i call dbSync() at the end of my loopGDK, and the error does not appear at the start of debugging, rather when i go into the function that calls getimage, it hits me with the error

-to the optimist, the glass is half full. to the pessimist, it is half empty, to the engineer, it is twice as big as it needs to be.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 12:19:40
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 12:19:40