Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DGDK and Winsock incompatible?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2009 07:27
I've been working for about a week trying different ways to use winsock in my DGDK program. I have used different classes, structs and all kinds of things you could think of to do this and each time i get a defferent set of Linker errors

at the beginning of every one of my DGDK progs i must exclude msvcrtd.lib or libcmt.lib, if i exclude libcmt i get linker errors about the GDK libs(world, basic3d, etc..).

I'm not quite sure but im starting to come to the conclusion that winsock needs msvcrtd but the gdk needs libcmt and they cant be used together but any in out would be appreciated

heres some code.

Networking.h

multiplayer.h client side ( parts missing)

multiplayer.h server side
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2009 02:33
link to the winsock libs in release mode, (multithreaded release) the same as you do GDK....

LIBCMT and LIBCMTD are the same, one is debug, one is release. Generally if a lib name as a D at the end it is a debug lib... GDK is built in release mode so you cannot link to it in debug mode without using dangerous hacks to trick the linker... and considering what you are doing, I dont think its a good idea to do that.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
SFCBias
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2009 13:36
ahh thatz a neat little trick, thanks for the help. I didnt even think of doing that.
SFCBias
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2009 22:24
i wanted to keep the build and continue features [ which you cant do in release mode(i dont think)] so when you said multi-threaded , i simply changed the debug mode from /mt debug to just /mt

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 12:23:18
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 12:23:18