Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Player Health Feature Upgrade – WIP (Feedback Wanted)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2009 14:37 Edited at: 21st Sep 2009 04:11
Player Health Upgrade for Survival Horror - WIP
Feedback Wanted

I posted this as a WIP because I wanted to see what everyone here thought about the concept. The ‘Player Health Upgrade’ will be a collection of new health items, HUDS, sounds, and FPI features fitting to horror games. If the pack does well, other targeted genres will follow the release of this one. The target price for each upgrade pack would be around $10.00, and will include around 10 new health items, 10 themed HUDS, new pickup sounds, and a few unique script features that work with both stock and modded FPSC versions.

I also posted a WIP hoping to receive some suggestions for anything to be included in this upgrade. Health items, HUDS, scripts, anything that would add more value to the pack. Remember, the theme for this upgrade is HORROR.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Completed FPI Features List

Auto-Heal
This feature is always active. Call of Duty style auto-heal system. Whenever the player takes damage, this feature will slowly regenerate the player’s until the health value reaches 100%. (Variables can be adjusted).

Adrenaline
This feature can be assigned to any health item and is activated when the assigned item is used by the player. Using the item will completely restore the player’s health, and make the player invulnerable to attacks for the next several seconds. (Values can be adjusted)

Hide Health (Mod Feature)
This feature is always active, and hides the player’s health meter until the player takes damage, or uses a health item, and then slowly fades back out. (Values can be adjusted)

Virus System (Mod Feature)
This feature is always active. When the player takes damage from an enemy assigned the virus script, a counter will activate. When the counter reaches 100, the player’s health will steadily decrease. Player speed will also steadily decline until a special item is used. There are two item values that affect the counter. The first value will temporarily “suppress” the virus, and the counter will continue from where it was stopped when this value wears off. The second value resets the counter to 0 and stops it until the player takes damage again. It does not restore any health lost. (Values can be adjusted)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven’t seen anything like this done before, and I’m hoping the feedback for this idea won’t be too negative I thought an interesting addition to the model packs that are available for FPS Creator would be complete 'Upgrade Packs', which offer more than just models (which is why this isn't in the models board), but an overall enhancement for specific gameplay features.

Kravenwolf

FPSC Models and Media
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow! Nice,This is great good job bro
AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2009 15:29
I think this is awesome!
Awesome work Kravenwolf.
Now lets release the first one for free already.
Lol just joking.
-Adrian

I love Taylor Swift. She's awesome.
Hey guys! Help me! Join the creative design forums! http://creativedesign.candorweb.com/index.php
Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Very nice Kraven!
I like the only show health when damaged, what mods will that work in?
The health models look really good too!
Can't wait to see more of what's in store

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2009 17:37
Looks lovely! Man your always thinking up some cool new ideas.

Although I have already scripted the auto-heal to auto heal when your below a certain health point as well as forever. I have to say the rest of the pack seems worth it

Btw I don't mind sharing a couple of my scripts ether or assisting with model or script development. Lemme know if you need help with anything

Btw like the idea of "upgrade packs as well"

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2009 18:43
Wow Kraven this is a really really cool idea! It's always nice when people find more ways to add depth to FPS Creator gameplay and this will surely do that. My feedback, is 10/10 positive

I love that virus system; reminds me of Rolfy's Spiders, the poison ones that, upon touching you, your health continuously decreases after that, without them even touching you anymore, until you ultimately kill them. It's a nice twist on that man, love it!
And those models for the health pick-ups and first-aid cases look pretty sweet by the way!

Thanks for previewing this man; whether it's given away or sold, I'll definitely be looking forward to it's release!

Cheers

Ich will in Beifall untergehen.
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2009 04:04 Edited at: 21st Sep 2009 04:22
Thanks guys! It's really good news that everyone seems to like the new concept.

Quote: "I like the only show health when damaged, what mods will that work in?"

We're trying to get as many features as we can to work with stock FPSC (which means they would also work in any modded version), and Fenix mod. But the features currently listed as "Mod Feature" are specifed to work with Ply's Mod, or any mod with Ply's mod in it.

EDIT: Here a few closer images of the current health items. More items and fpi features will be added soon, including new poison and famine conditions.

Kravenwolf

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2009 05:06
nice looking. will definately use- as soon as I get fenix mod or PBUM
Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2009 10:10
I am very intrested

zeza
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks nice, can't wait to see it all together

Hope This Helps
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2009 00:28
I like the idea alot, it'll lead to more unconventional gameplay in FPSC hopefully...

Sadly, I don't have the readies for it though...

If I was ever given the opportunity to remove all the bad from the world, I wouldn't, because for there to be heroism, compassion and all that is good, there must also be all that is bad.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 01:23:57
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 01:23:57