Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / No Image shown when program Debugs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm new to Game programming with a small amount of experience in Visual C++. The problem I'm having is when I run(debug ) the "Hello World" program in Dark GDK no image is seen only a blue screen the error codes displays ( The program '[0x6B8] Hello World.exe: Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0).) and it also list 35 dll's from my C:\windows\system32 location. I have relooaded Visual C++, dxsdk_aug 2007 and Dark GDK. Enviroment: Windows XP Pro,sp3 any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2009 15:32
That sounds like it is running how it is meant to, the fact it exited with code 0, means that it exited properly with no errors, the DLL list is normal, any windows program will load a bunch of DLL's like that to interface itself with the operating system, its nothing to worry about, until you get into optomization, then you would look at excluding as much as you can that you arent using.

The missing image will be because the sample is not finding it's media. You will need to manually copy the images from wherever they are in the folders to your project's root folder, when I installed GDK, it didnt put any of the samples media where it could be found, I had to copy a bunch of it around and change the program's code to tell it where to find it.

Running the pre-compiled examples should be fine, and usually you can find the sample media somewhere with those pre-compiled samples.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 12:39:45
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 12:39:45