Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Any Demos with good AI?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've just been playing two 'Best of the Best' demos (Demon Sun and The Warehouse), and while I was very impressed with the graphics and the player character, I found the enemy animations and AI slightly behind the other aspects of the games.

So I'm just wondering if there are any demos that really show off these qualities to their utmost?

Thanks.

Nick
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2009 13:30 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2009 14:02
Quote: "So I'm just wondering if there are any demos that really show off these qualities to their utmost?"

One aspect that can vary. Though it is known for troubled AI.
Having multiple dynamic AI/Items running and varied scripts can drain system specs on developers during testing, this in turn could possibly create a end result having some of this imbeded, creating trouble for end users with minium specs etc.
Often scenrey is the better focus and AI 2nd and often this is the case, however I guess it really depends on the developers vision also and what they intend the AI to be like, if possible. Such as Slow/Fast for a zombie etc. The games you played may have AI suited for their themes/style and may be the style your not looking for..

Though I would also suggest having a go at some others maybe, as the AI can vary depending on the scripts used by the developer.

Here is a clip of some random AI found in Red Shift, not the best example.
At the end the guy on the left is shot, he then crouches and the guy on the right strafes behind the wall.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SCp0jZ1hp8&feature=channel_page
There was a demo that was released, however it has no AI at all.

"in videogames you try to get the best graphics with the least amount of processing." -Ingolme
"The more skill you acquire, the less you have to use it." SS

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 01:18:04
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 01:18:04