Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Ideas for a modern style game!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2009 09:23
Hi, I was wondering if any body had some ideas for a modern-style game. I've got model pack 10 and 29 so if any body had any ideas to share please post.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2009 21:57
MP10- good for guns, although widely used by lots of people- may want to retexture them.
MP29- a jungle setting would be your only non-stock-media option then.

the tommy- wwII characters would go good with this setting. make sure to design your levels well and put plenty of places for these guys to spawn. perhaps the character was on a secret army mission on an island when he got separated from his team. now, his only way out is to make it to shore, where the civillians on the island are being evacuated by boat. this would be a game dependant on level design- grab cosmic prophets country time pack for some extra media to some-what fit the setting. the enemies would be somewhat dumb, to compensate for the lack of cover in a jungle. perhaps enemies who just ran at the player and shot. to make the gameplay better- add lots of sounds and yelling. perhaps a flinching animation for the enemy. this would make gunfights more realistic. the levels should be complex and hard to navigate- making gameplay last longer. perhaps an underground base scene- or better yet, add swimming as a feature!

happy game designing.
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2009 22:26
Quote: " to compensate for the lack of cover in a jungle"

lack???

Can you solve the mystery of bunker 413?
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2009 23:00
Well, lack is an English word meaning.. not much of something.

Lack of cover = not a lot/no cover.

Its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemies
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2009 23:21
i know what lack means, but what i mean is, jungles have a ton of cover! i can make a list of hiding places and such! in fact i will!

1.large bushes
2.long grass
3.trees
4.vines
5.handy bunker walls that belong to enemy bases
6.leaves (still hanging)
7.large animals
8.large animal's poop
9.rivers
10.branches

there, that's 10, in fact, i could probably say that your average jungle contains more cover and hiding places than a city.

dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2009 02:25
You can shoot through all but 1 thing on your list...

dark peanut

Check out my Ultimate Competition Entry here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=153854&b=25 Ultimatum: The Final Deadline

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2009 04:27
Quote: "You can shoot through all but 1 thing on your list..."

..but you can't see through them, unless you've got x-ray.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 24th Sep 2009 04:36
Quote: "You can shoot through all but 1 thing on your list..."

And so we see the difference between "cover" and "concealment". Cover is something that protects you from enemy fire while concealment is something that protects you from enemy detection.

We can liken this to segments and entities. Segments protect us from enemy fire, but the enemy can shoot through entities. Just like real life!

Brian.

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2009 22:21 Edited at: 24th Sep 2009 22:21
How about

"SIMS FPSC-style"

Features
- build your personal bunker, asylum or space station and fill it with furniture, debris, weapon racks, blood spats and 100ds of other nice&cozy things
- train your own nazi, zombie or crazy android pet
- dress up your avatar in any outfit you can imagine (GIMP, PSP or similar programms NOT included in the basic game)
- interact with your neighborhood in lots of entertaining ways including rocket launchers and zap guns

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Bobby_Jr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2009 05:20
Thanks all now I've got some idea on how to make a level but is there any program, script or mod that could help with the concealment idea. it would be very usefull

(: Smile, every body needs to smile.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2009 12:48
Quote: "And so we see the difference between "cover" and "concealment". Cover is something that protects you from enemy fire while concealment is something that protects you from enemy detection.

We can liken this to segments and entities. Segments protect us from enemy fire, but the enemy can shoot through entities. Just like real life!"

Damn you beat me to it! I got all excited to come in and say that lol.

There's a difference between cover and concealment as Xplosys said. Most of those things listed would be considered concealment not cover.

Signature's are stupid.
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 25th Sep 2009 23:08
Quote: "Signature's are stupid."

Not mine! Mine is Ultimate! mine is the best!

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) Bunny is now in my sig. Why? because bunnys da best and ya cant argue with that!
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2009 01:20
Problem is, jungle warfare is very different to urban/modern warfare. due to the huge differences in cover and concealment, already mentioned, tactics have to be changed for it to work. however, as far as i know FPSC ai is not capable of not detecting enemies in front of them, so jungle warfare would be a very hard thing to do with fpsc.

Bobby_Jr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2009 08:09
Is any one looking at my posts, I said: Thanks all now I've got some idea on how to make a level but is there any program, script or mod that could help with the concealment idea. it would be very usefull.
will some one help me, I NEED INFORMATIN, on the other hand thanks for all the help but don't forget, HELP ME WITH THE CONCEALMENT ISSUE, OK, THE CONCEALMENT ISSUE.

By

Bobby_Jr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2009 15:52
Hy isn't anyone replying to my message."sigh" why do they do it, whyy do they.

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2009 16:12
...sorry?

i don't know if there's a concealment thing in a mod, maybe dark ai? what you could do is give the entity a very short view range, giving the effect of concealment.

Bobby_Jr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2009 01:52
Thanks a lot, it will realy give my game a bit of realisme

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 01:23:28
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 01:23:28