Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I want to buy FPSC, but with X10 coming out, I don't know if what version I could get. X10 has those nice things like allies and ragdolls, but x9 has all those nice mods like the ironsights.

So what should I go for?
gmr1923
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2009 14:04 Edited at: 24th Sep 2009 14:07
truthfuly i dont know i have x9 and it seem to do the job.
and you have to have a good graphics card and vista for x10 where for x9 you dont need a hitech computer all you really need for x9 is directx 9.0c so i would recommend x9.

also fpsc x9 might be limited right now but sicnce the updates are coming out x9 will have more features like x10.

gmr1923
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2009 20:55
Quote: "and you have to have a good graphics card and vista for x10"

Well , that inclueds loads of other stuff that needs ot be top top top notch , Dunno why though :/

My FPSC Fansite - http://fpsc.freephpbb3.com/index.php
Windows Vista,ATI Readon HD 4870,AMD Athlon 7750 64 Dual Core,4GB ram
Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2009 21:27 Edited at: 25th Sep 2009 01:13
Hey Tasty, I in fact was just contemplating this decision a number of days ago - I have X9, however was mulling over the idea of purchasing X10 after I'd upgraded my computer to be powerful enough to run the program.
Here's the thread I created in the X10 board, a lot of very nice and helpful individuals replyed to help me understand and weigh my options, you might benefit from reading it over if you'd like

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=157368&b=33

Essentially, the cool things about upgrading are obviously the advance in graphical features, with the ragdoll, allies, bloom, water, shaders and more, it surely seems like it would be great fun to have X10 for sure. As for bugs and other issues, it's become apparent that most or all have relatively been fixed with the latest upgrade for X10, and if you upgrade to Direct X10.1 you should really have few problems at all - if you've purchased any Model Packs for X9 so far, they'll still work in X10 as you simply just need to install them for that program; or some media can even be simply dragged over, however if it uses a .tga texture or whatever, it won't work.

The big elephant in the room in regards to this decision is the fact that The Game Creators are really not on-top of updating X10 to add to it, make it better, make it run better or to simply make it more than it could be; in X9 we see a lot of that, from all the packs of models and characters, to the wonderful mods being created. Because X10's source code has yet to be released, no mods can be created for it. You can even see the importance The Game Creators appear to give X10 when you see it has one board, versus X9's six boards. This attention stems from a valid reason however, in that X10 is still just a tad before our time really; the majority of our community is X9, so there really is no point in them focusing on the minority group at this time.

With this said, you can't argue that X10 still wouldn't be loads of fun - with all the really cool features, you'd still have a blast creating little games! You just have to remember, if you decide to get X10, like X9, you have to think about it as a hobby, an entertainment source for fun and creativity; you're probably most likely not going to create a commercial quality game that competes on the shelves with Halo and Gears of War, you're going to have a great time creating a little game, sharing it with the community, and gaining experience for if you do decide to head on off to the world of game development in the future - FPS Creator, while limited, is still a wonderful tool for helping build on your knowledge of level design, graphic design and the foundations for making a cool game.

If you want X10, only you can really decide that; it would of course, for sure be tons of fun. Whether it's worth it's value, I'm not sure, for now I mean. After much consideration myself, after that thread and all, I decided to stick with X9. A plethora of more media, a way bigger community with unbelievable amounts of wonderful individuals, and the mods; speaking of them, in the end, my decision was to stay with X9 but also purchase and upgrade to Project Blue Mod. I'm not going to say it's the best one, as Horror Mod and Fenix Mod are superb creations as well, however Project Blue just adds a lot of key features to FPSC that make the experience better for me. Having done so, I can safely say I personally recommend that choice.
But, this is your decision! I'm not telling you not to buy X10 and I'm not saying you absolutely need a mod; in the end, I know you'll do what's right for you. Just weigh your options first, as of course I see you are with this thread, then choose which one you think will best suit your entertainment.

And, I'm sorry I wrote a book on your thread

Cheers

Life would be much easier if I had the source code.
Tasty Sub
Years of Service
User Offline
Braden 713 thanks for the great reply! I do not mind long posts at all by the way, for it just shows how much thought the poster put into it!

And I definatly see what you're saying: I need to go with what I think will serve my purpose the best and what I will be most happy with. And looking at your points, I think I am going to go with X9. I does get more support and is what the majority of the people here seem to use, and in the future if X10 becomes the standard, there is nothing preventing me from upgrading. Looks like X9 is whats right for me.

And thanks to everyone else who gave a reply!
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 25th Sep 2009 02:29
I say get both.
I love each one.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) Bunny is now in my sig. Why? because bunnys da best and ya cant argue with that!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-13 01:26:52
Your offset time is: 2024-10-13 01:26:52